#CHAPTER 37

It was now lunch time so we walked to the cafeteria. "Are you seeing Dr Yang again?" He asked. "Tomorrow. John ordered me to go. If I don't, he'll bring policemen to come and get me." He chuckled. "I can go with you if you want." I shrugged. "It's fine. You don't have to. He won't kidnap me or something." He chuckled. "Can I come?" I laughed. "Yeah." I breathed out. We finished our lunch. And soon it was the end of the day.

We walked to his car and drove to his house. My phone buzzed in my pocket. I answered. It was Martha. "Hi Martha. Is something wrong?" I asked. "No. Go to Jason's. We're all here to talk." I closed my eyes and sighed. "Ok." I hung up. "There all at your house." I said. His eyes widened. "Family meeting! Great." I laughed. "So do you have a trial for what you did?" He asked. He was asking about me killing my killer. I sighed. "The judge said no. I've been through a lot and it was self defense. They had been looking for him for years." He stared at me. "What did you feel when you stabbed him?" He asked. I sighed. "I don't think we should talk about that now." He stopped the car. "Jason! I don't want to talk about it. Now start the car please." He looked at me and crossed his arms. I sighed in frustration. "I felt anger and pain. I felt relieved, sad and guilty. And I also felt happy. Now if you're here to tell me I'm a killer then I'll leave." A tear fell out of my eye. I whipped it off before he could see. "I'm s..sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I just wanted to know. I'm sorry." I looked at him. "It's fine. Just drive. We'll be late." He nodded. "I'm sorry." He repeated. "Jason, it's fine." I felt his hand reach for mine. I held it tight and kissed the back of his hand. "I didn't mean to upset you." I chuckled. "Jason, it's fine. Ok?" He nodded. We arrived at his house. Before opening the door I kissed him on the lips. "I love you no matter what." He smiled and kissed me again. "I love you too." He opened the door. We could hear all of them talking. I put my bag down and walked in. They stopped instantly. "Michael. I'm glad you could join us." His dad said. I smiled and we sat on the couch next to each other. "So we all think that you shouldn't get engaged." John started. "We also think that you've been through a lot together. You're too young to be thinking about marriage now. You need to think about your studies." His father continued. "We already know what we're going to do." Jason said. They glared at us. "Jason wants to be-" John cut me off and said "Jason wants to be a judge. We know that! And what do you want to be? You want to be in the army! You're just gonna leave your HUSBAND alone while you go away for months?!! He'll be miserable! Maybe you do love him, but it doesn't mean you will in 20 years and doesn't mean you'll survive everything." He shouted. My eyes were teary. "I... I..." I couldn't say anything. "I..." Tears were clouding my vision. I looked at Jason. His eyes saddened. "Look. All we're saying is that you should rethink your choices. You'll be in the army and you'll be more out of town than in. How will Jason feel? He won't just sit around and wait for his prince charming forever." His dad finished. I bent my head down and a tear fell out. "I forgot. Charles needs me to repair his car." I said with a shaky voice. I started walking away. "Michael." Jason said. "I'm fine." I walked out. "You had no right saying that! It's his dream to be in the army since his parents were murdered. He just wants everyone to feel safe when they walk outside because he never will! He'll always have that horrible guy in his head! He just wants everybody to be safe! And I would NEVER leave him! I wouldn't even try and think about it! 'This ring is a symbol of my heart.' He said. I wouldn't have anything in the world but him!" I sighed. Tears streamed down my face. And I don't know why, I don't how, but I started hyperventilating. I managed to open the door before collapsing to the ground. I was starting to have a headache. I tried to reach for my bag but I couldn't. I felt just like in the fire. I started coughing. Everyone came. "Michael!" There voices were fading away. I coughed so hard, blood came out. I was now shaking. I was scared. They tried giving me my mask but it wasn't helping. Nothing was.