#CHAPTER 5

"H..hi." He said, a huge blush on his cheeks. My cheeks were rather pink too. "Hi, Jason." I said. "You know each other?" The priest asked. I nodded. "We have a project together." I said preoccupied by another matter: he didn't stutter! When he talked to his dad, he didn't stutter! "Em... You... You didn't... You didn't stutter!" I said rather confused and surprised. He blushed even more and chuckled nervously. This was very awkward! "Dinner time!" The woman yelled. I heard stumbling down the stairs and I saw twin boys. They were about 4. I laughed silently. "Who are you?" One of them asked. "Charlie!" His father warned him. I chuckled. "My name is Michael. And you?" I asked. "I'm Charlie and this is my twin brother Nelson." I smiled. We walked in the kitchen. "Michael, why don't you sit next Jason, since you know each other." I nodded. "S..so w..why is h..he h..here anyway?" He asked his father. Did he have to ask? I didn't mind the priest knowing my story since he was a priest but Jason? I mean... "I found him in the church. He was in tears." He answered, with a sympathetic impression on his face. I smiled nervously. Jason looked at me in shocked. "Wh..why?" I chuckled nervously. "Em... I... I'd rather not talk about it." I said. He smiled understandingly. "Let's pray." He said. I nodded. "Thank you Lord for this meal and give some to those who are in need. Help us through life and guide Michael to the light. Give him strength to go on with life and help him through this hard time, but most of all, thank you for sparing his life. Amen." My eyes were teary. "So isn't this the guy you talked about, with the Romeo and Juliette project?" His mother asked. He nodded. "Well Jason here told us you had to sing a duet?" I nodded. "The teacher said we were gonna do a scene for each paired students. And since there are more guys than girls, boys were paired together. But the teacher said she was trying to find a way to make mix couples but she didn't want girls to go twice." They nodded. "So what if your teacher doesn't find a solution?" They asked. I shrugged. "Then we'll stay with our partner but most guys will drop out since they are anti-gay." I continued eating. The food was actually really nice. "So will you?" The mother said. I chuckled. "Our grades depend on this project and I know how it means a lot too you for Jason to have great grades. I won't drop out." They giggled. "I remember when my mum used to call the school when I was paired with some guys who wouldn't work at all. 'Mr the principal. I know you try your best to make all the kids great students but my son is to damn intelligent to be working with some stupid students like them.'" I laughed. But my smile soon dropped. I wanted to cry again. "Y..yo.u Ok..k?" Jason asked. I nodded and blinked a few times trying not to cry. "I should go." I said. Mr Brown smiled at me sympathetically. I got up and started leaving. I felt a hand on my shoulder as I step out of the house. I turned around and it was Jason. "If y..you e..ever w..want to t..talk, I'm h..here." I smiled. "Thank you but... I'm not really ready to talk about it." He nodded. I was about to leave when I heard the priest talk to his wife. "Yeah I mean the poor kid lost his parents. The worst thing is, John is his foster parent. He told me they were murdered." My eyes widened and tears fell down my cheeks. Jason looked at me shocked. I left without saying anything. I walked away tears streaming down my face. "M..Michael!" I heard Jason call out. I didn't answer. I didn't stop. "Michael!" He yelled. I heard his footstep towards me. I walked quicker but he caught me. "I... I'm s..sorry." I shook my head. "I don't need your pity. I just want to be alone." I turned away. He cupped my head in his hands. "I... I a..am h..here if y..you w..want t..to t..talk." He said. "I don't want to talk! I don't want to talk! All I want is my parents! I want my parents back!" I collapsed in his arms and cried. All he did was pat my back and it meant everything to me.

He cupped my face in his hands and whipped my tears away. And all I wanted to do was kiss him. He looked so perfect. His lips looked so juicy in a kind of way. I approached my head to his until I was inches away from him. I could feel his breath on my face. My lips landed on his and my world stopped. I felt like my whole world was going to fall apart... In a good way. My hands landed on his hips and I brought him closer to me. I pulled away. "Sorry. I... I did-" I didn't have time to finish what I was saying that I felt his lips press against mine. My tongue asked for entrance and he let me. I moaned his mouth. I brought him closer to me. We were both breathing heavily from that deep and passionate kiss. My forehead was leaning on his. "S..sorry." He said. I smiled. "I like it when you stutter. I think it's cute." He blushed. "I should go." He nodded. I kissed him on the cheek before leaving. I smiled the whole way to John's house.