#CHAPTER 30

Jason and his family were coming and I decided to stay polite and say hello. I walked to the front door as they knocked. John opened it. "Hi." He greeted. I was already fed up. "Hi." They all greeted. As Jason walked to me to hug me I handed my hand out to make a hand shake. He shook it. I got sparkles through my body. "Why don't we go to the table?" Martha suggested. I sighed. We walked to the living room. "Michael, sit next to Jason." Martha said. I cried mentally. I sat next to him. I really didn't want to do this. She served the food out. "So how have you been?" Mrs Brown asked. "Well, I'm working a lot, Martha too, Charles is fine, and well Michael... Well he's depressed." My eyes widened. They didn't say a thing. "Well you lost a lot of weight." His mum said. I smiled. "It's a new regime I'm trying: getting your heart broken by the man you love and starving yourself to death!" I left. I wasn't even hungry, mind you, I wasn't ever hungry since Jason isn't by my side. I cried. Then I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!" I said with a shaky voice. "Michael?" It was his dad's voice. I whipped my years away immediately. "Mrs Brown." I smiled. "You don't have to pretend you're happy when you're not." I smiled even more. "I am happy." He sighed. "I know that killing someone is a big thing but it was for your own protection." I laughed. "You think I cry every night because I killed a murderer?! I f****** cry because your f****** son crushed my heart until there was nothing left!" He looked offended. "Sorry for the language." He left. I groaned and threw my shoe at the door. Why couldn't they all just leave me alone?

Then there was another knock on my door. I opened it to see Jason standing there. I sighed. "What do you want, Jason?" I said coldly. "I... I... I..." He stuttered. I rolled my eyes. "Jason, I'm fed up of all of this. I can't take seeing you and knowing you aren't mine. I can't take talking to you and knowing you're not comfortable around me anymore. I can't take that you're scared of me. I feel awful. I feel like dying. So if you don't have to say anything to make me feel better, then please turn away and go." He didn't move. "Oh come on! Just leave! Please. I can't handle the pain every time I see you or hear your name or voice. Just go!" I was on the urge of crying. He stepped back and turned around. I closed the door and cried. I cried a lot but this was so damn awful. I could hear his footsteps fade away. I cried harder. Why do I keep on thinking that he'll come back to me? Because he won't! I calmed down. I could still hear Martha and John talking to his parents. He didn't leave. A spark of joy erupted in my heart before it collapsed again. He won't come back for me. There was a knock on the door. "Jason, f*** off!" I said. I had gotten more vulgar bit I didn't even care. He was still knocking. I opened the door to see Charles knocking and Jason next to him. I rolled my eyes. "Work it out." He said. I laughed. "I'm not working out anything. I don't have a problem." He sighed. "Work it out." I shook my head and closed the door. I pushed my desk in front of it. And the desk was enough for me to hyperventilate. I collapsed on the floor. My mask was in the living room. I tried to push the desk but I couldn't. "Michael! Michael!" Everyone was yelling my name. I closed my eyes shut. A tear fell out. I thought of how happy I was with Jason. It was enough to calm me down. I cried. And they figured a way to get in. "Michael?" I heard Dr Yang. I jumped in his arms. "It's Ok. You're fine." I calmed down. "I can't! I can't help crying. I can't help being sad. I want to be happy again." I didn't even realise Jason's family was still there. "You will. Give it some time." I whipped my tears away. "I'm sorry." I got up. "Michael?" I looked at him. "He won't hate you forever." Then Jason left. I smiled. "I think so too. But I don't think he'll me the same way either." Then Jason's family left. We continued talking. "Ask to be his friend." I whined and nodded. "I don't know if I can trust him again. I don't know if I can ever give my whole heart to him again." He smiled. "Time is all you need. And time is the biggest issue." Would he move on and be mine again? Would I? Or would we both grow apart and I'd be sad forever?