Chapter 5- Happiness With A Bit Of Love

[Anna's POV]

The bottle landed on...Patrick. My stomach got happy, but I became nervous. I wanted to kiss those lips of his the right way. And when I mean the right way, I mean it, with passion and love. People spoke, saying I should smack him. I wasn't going to.

"Just smack me..."he said. "I'm ready..."

The thing was, why would he think I was going to smack him? He was so darn cute, wearing that fedora of his. Those glasses made him look nerdy, but in an adorable way. His eyes, oh, they were so cute. The way he looked at me, I couldn't help it. I had to kiss him. NOW.

"Smack the ugly f**!"people said.

I didn't listen to them. I wanted to kiss him, but he didn't know it. I leaned close to him and got ready to kiss him. My eyes closed as I got closer to him.

"Oh, look! She's actually doing it! She's gonna kiss the ugly f**!"someone said.

Again, the ugly words rang out my mind. I was only thinking about how his lips would taste. Minty? Cherry? Ugh, I don't know. Then, I knew. His lips were on mine. They tasted like peppermint. I finally kissed him. His lips were soft and gentle to the touch. I loved it. People awed and some were disgusted, but I wasn't. I like Patrick. He was a cute tiny young man who wears a fedora. I liked that about him. To me, it was attractive...

I kept kissing him till he kissed back. Then, I realized we were having a small make out session in front of people.

"Get it!"I heard from someone.

I pulled away and saw Patrick's face. It was ruby red and I smiled. I looked at the people around me. Some seemed to make it happen and some hated the thought of seeing it.

"Why didn't you smack that f**? Look at him! Look at his fat self!"A guy said to me.

I looked at Patrick. His ruby red blushing face soon went away and he became sad. The rude comment hurt him and I could see it in his face. He looked at me and then down at his hands. They trembled. He soon got up and walked out the room, where the party was.

"Aw! He's embarrassed of his name!"someone said.

I looked around the room to see who said it. It was a guy named Anthony who I couldn't stand from the day I met him. I walked up to him and punched him, right in the face. People laughed and some gave me high fives. I didn't care what Anthony said after that. All I cared about at that moment was Patrick!

I ran out the room and into the hall and found Patrick sitting down against one of the hallway's walls.

"Patrick?"I said.

He looked up at me. Tears were streaming down his face and I didn't like a single tear. I sat down next to him and wiped his years away for him.

"Why did you kiss me?"he asked. "You should of smacked me instead. I was ready for it."

I shook my head. "I didn't want to smack you. I didn't want to hurt you. You're my friend. And well...I kinda like you..."I told him.

"You like me?"he asked surprised.

I nodded and watched him look at me with his green eyes that I loved so much. I didn't like how he was upset and full of pain. I didn't want him to feel alone or abandoned. I wanted him to feel wanted...by me. I liked him and I meant it. I didn't care what people said. I didn't think he was fat. I didn't think he was a f**. He was like teddy bear! A warm human being with a warm heart. All he needs is loving. All he needs is someone in his life to except him for who he is, not what people want him to think. He was cute, and watching him cry made me want to cry. I liked the happy Patrick. The Patrick that could end tragedies, end wars, end diseases, and start world peace. This is what I wanted people to see. I wanted them to see how he was hurting and knew they destroyed what he ever thought was right about himself. I excepted him for who he was. I wanted to tell him three words. I. Love. You.

"Why do you like me?he asked.

"There's many reasons. I know we just met today, but I feel like you are...well sweet, nice, and um, well attractive..."I told him.

He wiped some tears from his eyes and straightened his glasses and looked at me.

"How am I attractive?"he asked.

Oh, geez. I knew he was going to ask that. I had to tell him, tell him about how I liked his eyes, his lips, and almost everything!

"Don't think I'm weird, but you are attractive. I mean, the glasses make you cute. Your fedora makes you, well, fedorable..."I paused as I heard Patrick laugh.

Yeah, fedorable, that's what I meant, Patrick.

"Your eyes, they are just so pretty to look at and, um...your lips..."I paused.

Patrick looked at me and he was red. He was blushing. Why?

"Your lips, well, they are..."I said.

I stopped. I didn't want him to know that I thought his lips were, well, to die for. He laughed.

"You don't have to say it if you don't wan to!"he told me.

I nodded. "Okay."

I looked at him. Everything I liked and wanted for a guy was right in front of me. I wanted him to be mine.

"I hope I made you feel better, Patty,"I said.

Patty? Really, Anna? Ugh, too soon, idiot. He probably thinks you're taking this too far already.

"Patty?"he asked.

I shook my head. "I uh, I don't know why I said that. Words come out my mouth before I know what I'm saying sometimes."

He laughed. "It's okay. I'll let you call me that if you want, Anna,"he said.

Anna. He said my name. The way he said it, I loved it. Uh, even when I'm next to him I think about him. I smiled and nodded. We stayed quiet after that, not saying a thing. He was cute and I wanted him to be mine. For some reason, I laid my head in his shoulder while we sat down together, side by side. I wanted to stay like this all night and call Patrick...mine.
_________________________________
Anna loves Patty!❤️I hope you liked this chapter! Next one coming soon!💕