Chapter 40- Boyfriends Are Like Pills, They Can Hurt You

[Julia's POV]

I was in my bed, laying down. I was writing a new song called My Vow. I had a beat and a rhythm. And if was prefect for this song. I tapped my pencil as I thought about some lyrics.

Your my baby, my darling

And this is my vow

I quick wrote them down, liking the lyrics. I smiled as I read them. They reminded me of my Pete. Oh, he was my baby! He was my everything and I didn't want to loose him.

As I thought about Pete, I heard a knock on the door. Knowing Pete was coming over to help give me some ideas for the song I smiling knowing it was him at the door.

"Come in!"I said.

The door opened. My smiled soon left my face. It wasn't Pete. It was Tyler. He had tears streaming down his face.

"Tyler? What's wrong?"I asked him.

"I let Anna go. Sh-she..."he paused and began to sob.

I moved my hand, telling him to walk towards me.

I scooted over in my bed so he can sit down. Tyler walked over and sat down next to me.

"What happened?"I patted his back.

"She told me she loved..."he stopped and began sob.

I sighed and groaned. I was going to grab my tissue box but it was all the way across the dorm. And I didn't want to get up. But, being a nice friend, I got up and grabbed it. I handed it to Tyler and he tried to smile.

"T-thanks..."

I nodded and laid back down in my bed. Tyler grabbed a tissue and wiped his tears.

"As I was trying to say, Anna told me she loved Patrick and not me. So..."He paused.

"So..."I said.

He laid down next me and covered his face as he cried.

"So I let her go. I let her take Patrick back!"he screamed.

I kinda felt bad for Tyler. He lost who he truly loved. But I felt happy for Anna. She wanted to get Patrick back. I was happy for her and him. Patrick was always mopey and depressed since she left. Now, he's not.

"I'm so sorry, Tyler! I guess..."he cut me off.

"You guess what? We weren't meant to be? Is that what you were trying to say?"Tyler asked me, looking into my eyes.

I made a nervous face at him.

"Yeah.."I said.

He kept crying and I just couldn't take it. The tears fell to my pillows, making them all wet. And those were the ones I sleep on! I gently patted his shoulder.

"It's going to be okay! You'll find another girl soon!"I told him.

He shook his head as he cried. I sighed and hugged him.

"It's alright!"I said.

I kissed his cheek. But as I did it, Pete came through the door, seeing me hug Tyler and kissing his cheek.

"Julia?"I heard.

I looked up. I let go of Tyler.

"Tyler you better leave..."I told him.

He got up from my bed and left the dorm.  After he left, Pete closed the door.

"What the heck just happened?"Pete screamed.

"Look, Tyler broke up with Anna and he needed someone..."he cut me off.

"To hug, to kiss, to cuddle with?"Pete said.

"No!"I replied.

"Well it sure did look like it, Julia!"he screamed at me.

"Don't scream at me! I was just comforting him!"I screamed back.

"Comfort? It sure didn't look like it! It sure looked like a miniature cuddling moment!"Pete said.

"We weren't! Pete, listen to me."I yelled.

He walked towards me, leaving about a foot away from us.

"NO! I WONT LISTEN! I SAW YOU WITH TYLER! AND YOU KNEW I WAS COMING OVER!"

"PETE IT WASNT LIKE THAT! LISTEN..."he cut me off again.

"NO, I SAW EVERYTHING! YOU SHOULD LISTEN! WHY IN HECK WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?"Pete screamed.

"NO, I WASNT CUDDLING WITH HIM OR ANYTHING! LISTEN TO ME PETE!"I replied, screaming on the top of my lungs.

"YOU KISSED HIM! I SAW YOU!"He said.

"ON THE CHEEK!"

"WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?"Pete yelled.

"I WASNT DOING ANYTHING WRONG!"

He shook his head.

"YES! YES YOU DID YOU CHEATER!"He screamed.

As he called me a cheater, I saw a fist fly towards my face, hitting me on my lip. I screamed, feeling pain. I touched my lip as I saw blood pour out. Pete looked at me with big innocent eyes. He touched my shoulder.

"Julia, I-I'm so-"I cut him off.

"JUST DONT TOUCH ME!"I yelled at him.

I pushed him out of my way and left my door, running down the hall, trying to get away from Pete. Why didn't he listen to me? I didn't do a single thing wrong! I was just comforting Tyler. Why would he do this to me? He lied, he would hurt me! As I ran I heard Pete running after me.

"Julia!"I heard.

I stopped running, tears ran down my face. I turned around and saw Pete with tears in his eyes.

"Get away from me! You hurt me! Leave me the heck alone!"I screamed at him.

"Julia..."

"GET AWAY FROM ME! LOOK WHAT YOU DID! YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T HURT ME, BUT YOU DID! YOU LIED!"I yelled.

I started running away as I saw him cry. How could he? I ran, looking for Anna. I needed her help. I should of listened to Anna in the first place. I should of left Pete! I should of because I wouldn't be in this stupid position right now.

"Anna! W-where are you!"I said while crying.

I looked everywhere as I ran down each hall. I cried, feeling hurt and abused. This was how I felt coming home from school when I was in middle school. I would come home crying, needing my mom there to comfort me.

"Anna, I need you!"

As I passed a janitors'  closet, I heard Anna's voice.

"Julia?"I heard.

I soon stopped running and walked into the closet, seeing Anna come down a ladder.

She turned on the light in the janitors' closet. Anna saw my lip, as it was all bloody.

"H-how this happen?"she asked, touching the bottom of my chin to see.

I cried.

"P-Pete. H-he hit me!"I told her.

She face soon turned red.

"Where is he?"she screamed.

"B-by our dorm."

She shook her head.

"Go up that ladder. Patrick is up there. Stay with him till I sort this out!"she told me, and left the janitors' closet, turning off the light.

I walked up the ladder and saw Patrick.

"Here. I got you!"he said, helping me up.

As I got up on the roof, he hugged me. I felt safe in Patrick's arms. I cried on his shoulder as he held me.

"W-will everything be okay?"I asked him.

"I hope so, Julia. I hope so..."
__________________________________
Well that's happening! I'll be writing the next chapter now! YES! Love you!💚✨