Chapter 26- Love Never Wanted Me, But I Took It Anyways

[Time Skip]

[Anna's POV]

We were all back at the college. After the conversation about middle school, no one talked to each other at all, not a single peep came from our mouths. People around us stared at us. I guess they thought we had a miss communication problem, but really, I kept thinking on how I was going to tell Patrick. Everytime I would look at him and our eyes met I would suddenly burst into tears. Then he would hand me a napkin. Again, no talking, just glances and giving each other napkins, food, sad looks, and hand touching. It was devastating.

Some people around us would come up to us and ask if we were okay. I would say we were fine, but after the tenth person I got up and grabbed a table. I screamed saying we were and to stop asking if we were okay. I flipped the table and I was soon sent out the restaurant as Julia, Pete, and Patrick finished eating. At least they let me finish my food before they told me to leave the restaurant.

But, when we made it back to our college, Julia looked at me and held Pete's hand.

"We'll uh, be in the living room..."Julia said.

She walked off with Pete, leaving me and Patrick in my dorm. I had to tell him. I couldn't keep it in anymore.

"Patrick, can we talk?"I asked.

"Oh, words I hate...but um sure,"He said.

I closed the door to me and Julia's dorm. I walked over to my bed and sat down. Patrick joined me by sitting next to me. I grabbed his hands and began to cry.

"This is hard..."I said.

"Anna..."Patrick said.

He let go of my hands and kissed me. I quickly pulled away. He looked at me.

"What, is there something I did wrong?"Patrick asked me.

"Well, yeah, not the kiss, but from the past,"I told him.

He nodded once. Patrick's face became red, probably full of embarrassment.

"Patrick, what you and Pete did to me and Julia in middle school I just hated. You pinned me against the wall and let a piece of metal sink into my skin and make me bleed!"I said.

A tear came from his right eye. He looked down at my bed.

"I'm sorry, Anna. I'll-I'll make it up to you!"he said.

I shook my head and began to cry.

"I don't think you can..."

Those words hurt me. They hurt Patrick too. This was hard for me to say good bye. But, I couldn't get abused again.

"Patrick, what you did back then I can't let that happen again..."He cut me off.

"But I have changed, Anna! Can't you see? Look at me..."he said.

I looked at him. He was perfect. He was an innocent young man, but was he?

"Even if you have, even if you say you have changed, I'm not taking that risk. I don't want to get abused again. Almost all my relationships had to deal with abuse and they reminded me of what you two did to me and Julia!"I told him.

"Anna, please. I won't hurt you!"he said.

I shook my head as I cried, watching him as I spilled out words that would break his heart.

"Patrick, I know you probably won't, but I'm not taking that chance..."

He nodded. "So, what you're trying to tell me is...you're-you're breaking...up...with-with me?"he asked me while he cried.

I closed my eyes in shame. This was my first relationship where I didn't want to break up with my lover, but I had to. I didn't want to get hurt again. I nodded, answering his question.

"I don't want to Patrick, but..."He cut me off.

"You don't want to get hurt. Anna, I'm not going to hurt you, but if that's what you think then-then okay..."he said.

I kept crying. He took his thumb and wiped my tears.

"Just know, I will always love you, Anna!"he said to me.

I kissed his cheek and looked at him. Tears were streaming down his soft cheeks. His tears were on my lips, helping remember his sadness, his love for me. I couldn't see him leave my room like that, but he got up and walked out. As he left, I broke down. I grabbed my pillow and threw it at the window, taking down the curtains and letting them fall to the ground. I screamed. This was hard for me. I let the one I loved go, leave my life. I should of listened to Julia. I should risked my life getting abused instead.

[Patrick's POV]

She let me go. She wanted me to leave her. I left her room and walked down the hall with tears down my face. I heard a scream come from her dorm and I broke. My heart broke. I thought she was the one. But this was my fault anyways. I'm the one who hurt her and started this dumb mess.

People passed me, looking at me, asking me what happened. But, I didn't say a thing. I was too upset to say anything.

I was walking and saw the janitor's closet, the place Anna took me the day we met. I looked around and no one was around. So, I opened the closet and saw the window. I grabbed the ladder and walked up. I soon felt the cool fall air as I got on the roof. I sat down and looked out. Her words she said to me that night echoed.

*Flashback*

I looked out at the sky as I sat down on the roof.

"No one knows you come up here, huh"I asked.

"No, no one. Only you know. Maybe we can come share this place, just us."she said.

"Yeah! That would be..."I said then paused.

I wanted to say romantic, but I didn't.

"That would be nice!"I said.

*End of Flashback*

I cried as I remembered that moment. I didn't want to share this with her after all the things I did. I guess this is what I get, a heartbreak, tears, guilt, and loneliness. Why didn't she just hit me? I deserved it for the way I acted. I was so stupid. I was stupid to let the only thing I loved get hurt. I wanted her back. I miss her. I miss her lips on mine. I miss her warm arms around me. I missed it all. Is there any way to get her back?
__________________________________
😭Sad, so sorry. Next chapter soon! Love you guys! I'm so happy you guys like it so far!