Chapter 38- I Guess We Were Fireworks That Went Off Too Soon

*Next Day*

I was in the commons practicing my drums. No one was around. It was only me. I heard the beating of the drums as I made a beat. I've been in here for at least two hours now. I wanted to be alone and clear my mind about what happened yesterday at Julia's party. Of course she ran off with her "Prince Pete," taking her to his "castle" for a night. She really loved him, unlike me loving Tyler. Yeah, I figured out that I was in love Patrick again. I guess me and Tyler just, well went off too soon like fireworks. But how was I going to break the news to Tyler?

As I played I heard a loud noise, like a door slamming. I stopped playing, feeling nervous.

"Hello?"I said.

I got up from my chair and walked around the front of the stage. I tried to look at all the chairs as no light shined on them. Rustling was heard from chairs, making me scared. I saw no one there.

"Who's there?"I said. "I-if you don't come out now, I-I'll hurt you if I see you. Now come out!"I yelled.

Footsteps were heard walking on the stage. I turn around. No one was there.

"Who's there? Come out!"I shivered.

Who ever this is better stop. If it's Julia and Pete I will be so mad! Julia always did this to me when I would be alone practicing or in the dorm.

"Julia come out now! This isn't funny!"I said.

At that moment, no one came out. Usually she would, all the time. But why not now?

"Julia?"

I walked around the stage to the back behind the stage. All the lights were on. There was no sign of anyone. This started to freak me out.

"Who ever you are, you better stop!"I said.

I pulled up my drumsticks, just in case someone was going to hurt me. I went to the front of the stage and saw no one. I groaned as I saw no one. I was nervous, more nervous than ever. Footsteps were soon heard. They ran towards me from behind. Before I could turn, arms wrapped around me. The body was against mine and they picked me up.

"Get off of me!"I yelled.

I heard laughing. The laugh was familiar.

"Tyler?"I said.

The person let me down and I faced them. Tyler stood there with a smile.

"I got you!"he said.

I smiled and pushed him.

"Don't do that!"I said, whining.

"Aw, why not? I'm just having fun!"Tyler replied.

He hugged me.

"I know, but I hate when people scare me."I frowned.

"Sorry. I didn't know."he said.

He let go and stared at me.

"I love you!"Tyler said then kissed me.

I didn't enjoy the kiss. I felt uncomfortable. How could I kiss him when I loved someone else and it's not him? I pulled away quickly. Tyler looked at me with a frown.

"Y-you okay?"he said, studying my sad face.

I shook my head.

"What's wrong? Is it something I did?"he said.

He walked around the stage.

"No, Tyler. It's something I did..."I got nervous.

I knew it was time to tell him, but I can't see him upset or mad.

"Are you the one that..."he paused and thought.

He snapped his fingers, trying to think.

"That knocked over the pizza at Julia's party?"he asked.

"No. That was Maddy!"I explained.

He nodded. "Ah, okay."

"Yeah..."

"Then what's wrong if it's not that?"Tyler asked.

He walked over to me and hugged me. I pulled away from his hug and looked at the floor.

"C-can we sit down, in the edge of the stage?"I asked.

Tyler nodded and walked over to the edge of the stage while holding my hand and sat down. I sat down then let go of his hand.

"What is it?"he asked.

I sighed and breathed out.

"You're going to hate this. You're going to hate me."I said.

"Why will I hate you! I love you."Tyler said.

"No. You will hate me!"I said shaking my head.

"No I won't!"He said.

"Yes! I kissed Patrick!"I screamed and Tyler was shocked.

He looked at me and shook his head.

"D-did it mean something?"he asked.

"Yes! I-it did!"I said about to cry.

"It's okay! I know you wouldn't kiss him back,"Tyler said.

I looked at him.

"I'm the one who did! I'm the one who leaned in and decided to kiss him, Tyler. I'm sorry!"I told him.

He hugged me.

"But you don't love him, do you?"He asked.

I pulled away and nodded.

"I-I'm sorry, Tyler. I'm a horrible girlfriend..."I screamed.

"No, no you aren't! You're an amazing girlfriend! You're beautiful a-and talented!"he told me till I cut him off.

"No. No, I'm not. I-I dated you while I thought I didn't have feelings for Patrick, but..."he cut me off.

"But..."

"But I do have feelings for him!"I said.

"And not me?"Tyler asked.

I nodded as I cried.

"I wish I wasn't telling you this but yes."

"I should of known from the start. I see the way you look at him during class. How you smile at him when he's not looking a-and when he looks at you, y-you turn away. I see it."Tyler said.

"I'm sorry!"I sobbed.

I felt Tyler touch my hand.

"Hey..."he said.

I looked at him.

"I'm not mad. I-I was before. When I saw the way you looked at him, I knew something was up."he said.

"You're not mad?"I asked.

He shook his head. "I'm not. Now, if you want Patrick back, go and get him."

"Tyler, I,"he cut me off.

"Go. I know you love him. Now go get his heart!"Tyler tried to smile as he began to smile.

I hugged him.

"Tyler, thank you for understanding."I said.

I pulled away and ran to the common's doors.

"Hey!"he said.

I turned around with my hands in the door.

"Remember, I love you..."I heard.

I soon left, waving goodbye to Tyler. I walked out with a smile. I couldn't believe Tyler wasn't mad. I couldn't believe he let me chase after Patrick again. He was so sweet. Now, time to get my Patty back.
_________________________________
I know it seems like they just got together but I have been skipping weeks and stuff so, yeah. And next chapter will be soon!💙✨