Chapter 53- Hard To Say Goodbye

[Pete's POV]

The bell rang for our third class. Since, I didn't have my third class with Julia, Anna, Patrick, or Maddy, I felt alone. No one to make me laugh, no kiss from Julia yet, and no one to talk to. People made fun of me, calling me names. I just wish everyone would stop.

I walked in the class, taking my seat. People stared at me.

"Ugh, there's the emo kid! He has arrived!"One girl said.

"He's such a looser! Look at him!"Another said.

Hearing their words didn't give me any hope. When I told Julia I needed her, I meant it. She was the one who took me in as myself. She saw me and loved me, unlike other people who see me and hate me for who I am. Why can't they see that what they say hurts me?

A guy walked by me and ran into me.

"Watch where you are going, f**!"he said.

I just looked at him and rolled my eyes. I mumbled under my breath. The guy walked away from me. Why did everyone despise me? Was it because I wore make up? Was it because I was emo? I didn't know and I wanted to know.

When I was sitting down a group of guys came up to me.

"Hey, it's that emo kid that's dating the rock star guitarist!"one said.

"He's only dating her cause she famous! He wants to be in the spotlight!"another said.

"But she is fine looking! I could do so much better than this dweeb! Makeup...on a guy? Who does that!"They laughed.

"She will probably break up with him! Look at him. What the heck does she see? I have a better chance!"

They all laughed.

"Ugly emo f**. You no good idiot."another guy said.

That's it. I couldn't take it anymore.  I hated their words. I hated them. I hated my life. I got up from my chair and they all watched me.

"Oh look, he's gonna run because everything we are saying is true!"they laughed.

I ran out the room. The halls were filled with people. People looked at me with disgusted faces. Tears ran down my face. I saw one girl and two of her friends. As I ran passed them, one put out her leg and I tripped over it.

"Oops!"she said and laughed.

"Watch where you're going, you stupid emo!"another girl said.

They walked over to me. They began to kick me in my back.

"Look, he's crying!"

They kept on kicking me. I groaned as it hurt. I needed help. I needed someone to save me.

[Julia's POV]

"Okay! See you at lunch!"I said waving goodbye to Maddy.

She was heading to a different class. Anna left before me to go to our next class because I had to finish retaking a test.

"Bye!"Maddy replied.

I was walking down the hall to head to my next class as I saw three girls kicking someone on the floor. I saw the shirt and it looked so familiar. As I got closer, I saw who the person was on the floor. Pete! I ran towers them and pushed the girls away. I pushed all three against the wall.

"Don't kick my boyfriend, you hear me? Don't kick him, ever! Don't abuse him at all!"I yelled.

They nodded and ran screaming down the hall. I kneeled down next to my Pete. Tears filled his beautiful brown eyes. I began to cry as I saw what they did to him.