Chapter 75- The Talk

[Sorry to skip this far but I'm about to get ready for the sequel to this story!👍🏽]

*Four years later*

[Pete's POV]

Four years have gone by. Patrick and Anna are still together. And me and Julia are too. So far, two albums have been released from all four us, making our songs be in movies and on the radio. This was best four years of our lives. But now, we had a week left till we graduate from college. And I wanted to give a present Julia she'll remember forever. I just needed to figure out what it should be...

For a while I thought about it in my dorm. Ideas ran through my mind till one special thing came to me, but I had to speak to someone about it first. Patrick walked in as I thought of it.

"Hey!"he said as he walked through the door. He closed it and laid on his bed.

"Patrick..."I sighed.

"What's wrong, dude?"he asked.

"You know I love Julia so much..."I said.

"Yeah. You're not breaking up with her, are you?"he said getting nervous.

I shook my head. "No! But I had this idea to get her something for graduation. I want to see if it's pretty romantic to you."

Patrick nodded. "Go for it. Tell me!"

I breathed out. "Marriage."

Patrick eyes got big and he smiled. "Do it, Pete! She'll say yes for sure! I know she will!"

"Really?"I smiled.

Patrick nodded. "Yes! She loves the living crap out of you, Pete! She goes on and on about you on the phone to her family! She won't stop talking about you...good things."

I got from my bed.

"Thanks, Patrick!"I walked towards the door.

"Oh and that's my present to Anna, marriage!"Patrick pulled out a small bow from underneath one of his pillows.

"I can't believe this! We are both going to try to get in engaged with the ones we love!"I smiled and rocked back and forth.

"I know!"Patrick opened the box and stared at the wedding ring inside.

"Well, I got to talk to Julia's dad for approval first..."I said.

Patrick nodded. "I'm wishing you luck!"

I left the dorm and walked down the hall. My sweaty palms soon balled up into a fist, creating more sweat. I was nervous. I wanted her dad to approve with this thought of mine. I really wanted to be with Julia forever. Since I've gotten closer with her for the past four years, I couldn't be away from her. Having her company and having her around this long, I realized I needed her forever. I couldn't let her leave my life.

I soon saw a classroom door with Julia's dad's name on it. I knocked on the door nervously and heard a voice.

"Come in..."I heard.

I walked in and saw Julia's dad sitting at his desk.

"Mr. Wentz, nice to see you on this fine day. How may I help you?"Her dad put down his pen and brought all his attention towards me.

I pointed to a chair that was facing his desk.

"Can I sit down?"I asked.

He nodded and I sat down.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Wentz?"He asked.

I held my hands together and gulped loudly.

"It's kinda hard to say this..."I sighed.

Her dad leaned towards the table. "You better not be breaking my daughter's heart!"

I shook my head as soon as he said it. "Sir, I promise that's not what I'm doing!"

Her dad relaxed and nodded. "Okay good."

"What I'm trying to say is that...I want to ask your daughter if I can marry her..."I said.

Her dad nodded. "So you came for my permission."

"Yes, sir. It's better to come to you first then not have your approval and just ask her."I tried not to look at him directly in his eyes.

For some reason, if our eyes met, I'll feel like he would judge me. I always felt like that for some reason. Maybe because I felt it for years and years now, until Julia came into my life. I felt fearless around her. I felt like she wouldn't judge me at all. She would see all the things she's been loving for four years now, even kissing underneath the mistletoe for that long.

"It's good you came to me. It's good you thought that way, looking for my permission..."I nodded. "And Mr. Wentz, you have been taking care of my baby girl for four years now. I have not seen no signs of mistreatment or abuse between you two. And not seeing those things makes me trust you, especially when you take her out somewhere and bring her back before 1 am. You're a very responsible young man for my daughter, especially coming to me for marriage approval. Even though I've never thought my daughter would fall in love with an amazing bass player like you, I think she picked the right, perfect, young and responsible man!"

I smiled. "R-really, sir?"I asked happily.

"Yes. And you have my word! I've seen you take care of my daughter, showing her love, giving her love in any way possible. Seeing you two together makes me want to see you two together for a long time! When I say long, I mean till you two both die. You understand?"Her dad explained.

"Yes sir. Even when the times get rough, we fight, we are hanging on the edge of the cliff in our marriage, I will fight for her till we make it back on flat land again. I won't give up on us, ever. I love Julia with all my heart and I won't let her go. And if she chooses to want to have a family, I'll give it to her, even if she want ten kids! We'll make the decisions together, never separately."

Her dad nodded. "That's good, Mr. Wentz. Never let her go. Never make her upset. Never make her angry. It only makes her slip out of your hands. Once you are in a marriage, the couple is bound to be together for life! Under any problems, hurricanes, zombie apocalypse, or whatever, you cannot leave each other. You can leave your partner behind. Marriage is hard work, but it's worth it every step of the way."

I nodded, listening to every word her father said.

"Thank you. I won't give up on her, sir."I got up from the chair and so did her father. He shook my hand.

"You're welcome. Be her prince, be the knight and shining armor she's been waiting for, for 20 years!"he smiled.

I nodded with a smile. "I will. And I won't let you down, sir!"

I walked out the classroom in relief. I threw my hands in the air with a smile on my face. I was happy as can be. That's when I knew, she was the one. She WAS my princess after all. And I was her prince. Love like this, love so powerful, love so unbreakable has to last a life time.

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh!"I said happily.

I saw Patrick walking down the hall.

"Hey! So...?"he said.

"IM GOING TO ASK HER TO MARRY ME!"I yelled.

He smiled wide. "Thats great Pete! Go get her tiger!"

I ran down the hall as soon as he said that. I needed to get my girl. I needed to hold her in my arms for years and years to come...and never let go.
_______________________________
I don't know how I did it! I talked about marriage...not even close for me to get married yet.😂 But I hope you guys like it! Next one soon!💕💋