[41] Mercies in Disguise

- Cameron's POV -

Three days after Ryan was born, Day was able to go back home. Her dad had gone on a buisness trip for 6 months and he wasn't here for most of Day's pregnancy, but he returned today.

Ryan was a healthy baby. 6 lbs and 3oz. He is perfect, a little replica of the girl I loved. That was a trial in life I learned to over come. He changed me, Day changed me, but looking into those beautiful little brown eyes, I see forgiveness.

I was about to knock on the Caslaw's door to see my kids, but I heard yelling.

"What do you mean it was an accident?" I heard James scream. "I should've known that boy was trouble! If you had stuck with boys like Cameron, from across the street, or even Jay, then there wouldn't be this baby mess, Day!"

Baby mess? Didn't he know? Ryan was mine.

"But Da-" I heard Day try to speak.

"You're out," James yelled. "You're out of this, I don't care where you go. Just leave me!"

"James, honey. Maybe, we should talk to the sep-" Fran started.

"No! They need to leave."

''Dad, don't be unreasonable! She's my sister! She's your daughter!" Paty yelled.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! BOTH OF YOU!!! ALL OF YOU, CHILDREN!! Leave! Get out of my sight! Now!!!!!!"

And the door flew open, Day came out with Ryan in her arms, she was followed by Paty who held Maddie's hand.

"C-Cammie?" Maddie whispered.

"Come with me." I said to the girls. And we went to my house.

Paty was putting Maddie to sleep in the guest room and I watched as Day was rocking Ryan to sleep.

"He loves it here, you know?" Day smiled sadly at me, "He seems to have problems falling asleep when you're not around."

I chewed my bottom lip as I watched the little angel fall asleep in Day's arms.

What if trials of this life are mercies in disguise?