[15] The Revealing

^^Day and Jay

- Day's POV -

"This hurt me more than just not telling me." Jay said, "I thought you were my best friend."

"That word seems to have many meanings," Cam said, coming out of my house. "I have food at my house, come on."

We entered Cam's house and he teared up.

"Cam? Man, what's wrong?" Jay said.

"Uh," Cam blinked. "Nothing, let's get this started. Who wants to let out there secrets first?"

We all looked at each other.

"I-I think Day should go first." Peyton sighed.

"Wha- Me?" I asked.

"Yes, you." Cam agreed.

"If she doesn't want to go first, she doesn't have to." Jay said.

"Oh, she has to." Peyton crossed her arms over her chest.

"Fine," I huffed. "I have no secrets or things that you need to know about me."

"Yes you do." Cam said, raising his eyebrows.

"When I was twelve, everybody teased me for being such a good girl at school." I started. "This might not seem that bad to you, but to me it was hell. I hated that I wasn't invited anywhere or that I was a loser. It wasn't because the popular girls didn't invite me, it was because they rejected me. They rejected me for who I truly was. This wasn't a cover-up, this was really me. So that summer, I changed. Apart from puberty, I was able to get the attention from every and any boy I wanted. I was popular, I was invited to parties. But this wasn't my real self and that hurt even more. Of course, I didn't mind the attention. I talked back to teachers, chewed gum in class, threatened the good girls, I turned into the girls that teased me. I was... I was.... I was a monster."

I was looking at my hands that were in my lap. "W-Who wants to go next?"

- Jay's POV -

"I'll go," I said. "But I only have one secret."

"Go ahead, it's not like we don't know the secret already." Peyton said, seductively.

"If you thought I hate Day Caslaw, you thought wrong." I started. "I've had a crush on her for as long as I could remember. Well, maybe not a crush. A soft spot, I guess. I didn't want anyone to know because our rivalry was a popular topic. If we started dating, or befriending each other, my rep would be ruined. Then, I realized that I didn't care if my rep was ruined, I actually just wanted her, as a friend. But Cam told me that he liked her. So that meant I couldn't like her. B-But I do, so.... I'm sorry that I lied to my best friend. I'm sorry Cam."

"I-I thought you liked me!" Peyton stood up.

"Peyton, you my best friend too," I said, holding my hands up. "but I never liked you that way."

"So all this time," Peyton sneered, "I've been believing a lie?"

"What? No! You chose to believe what you wanted to believe. That's not my problem." I answered.

"What kind of sick liar do you think you are?!" Peyton yelled. "This isn't funny! You led me to believe that you were into me!! But you were actually into my best friend?! And you acted like you hated her?! That's the cruelest joke I've ever heard!!"

"Peyton!" Day interrupted. "Calm down."

"No!" Peyton scowled. "Not for him! He lied to me. He's no better than Cam!"

"About Cam," I coughed."Why don't you tell us about your secret?"

- Cam's POV -

I watched Peyton, as she paled.

"No, I'll go." I said, saving Peyton. "I'll tell both of our secrets."

"I'll tell mine," Peyton sighed. "I dated Cam last year. When I was fourteen... Well, I didn't date him because he doesn't date, he just sleeps around. I didn't know that. Day told me, but I didn't believe her because she sounded like she was joking. I-I fell in love with Cam. Then, one day I came over to his house and saw him, with her. I was so angry, frustrated, and annoyed. I got somebody to help me research her. The girl was Madison Beer. She also slept around. I wanted to see what Cam would do if I offered him my virginity, he gladly took it. We had many nights that went like this. He started to get rougher and rougher with me, I could feel it. It wasn't love anymore. He wasn't trying to pleasure me. He wanted to pleasure himself with my body. I realized that he had been seeing more girls. But Madison Beer was the one girl that I saw him kissing. I realized that he didn't play fair. I couldn't help but cry. I was so naive. Cam and I made a pact never to tell either of you, we didn't want to hurt you. But deep down,we knew that we had hurt each other."

I looked at Day, her eyes were watering and her lips were trembling. "And you never told me?!"

"Day, pl-" I started.

"No! Save it! You didn't tell me? Yeah, sure I would've been hurt, but it would've been better than finding out this way!!" Day said. "You could have told me, Cam!! I trusted you Peyton!! Is that why you didn't tell me who the girl at Big Dipper was?! Because you slept with her!!? What, did you think I would run off?!!?!?! It's not fair that you two can be so secretive! Do Jay and I deserve this?! Why?"

"Day's right! ︎We could've helped!! Did you think that we would be in the way?! Bro!" Jay shouted. "I'm always there for you! Why didn't you trust me?!"

"I think it's time we find out what Cam's secret is." Peyton said.

I swallowed. "Some of my life... Most of my life... I've alwasy slept around. It's just what I did. Nothing special. I went around stealing virginity and practicing at strip clubs. I never loved the people I did. It was just a one-night partnership. There was this one girl. Peyton mentioned her, Madison Beer, yep. She's the girl who took my virginity. The first girl I loved. But I was dumb. She was like my drug and I got addicted, but she left me. That's a major reason why I sleep around. There are some times when I wish I didn't, but then I remember her. I found another addiction. It's my secret. If I keep it inside me, all will be hidden, but I can't do that anymore. I-I'm sex addicted."

- Day's POV -

Turns out that we all have flaws.

"Day?" Cam started. "Please forgive me."

"I-I do." I nodded. "I gotta get some fresh air."

I left Cam's house, walked to a nearby park, and sat down on a bench. Peyton's naive, Jay's a liar, Cam's addicted to sex, and I'm a monster.

"Day?" Jay said, walking over to me and sitting on the bench. "You okay?"

"Yeah, well." I shrugged. "Considereing our bestfriends lied to us for about two years, then I'm totally okay."

"Okay, okay, you're right. We shouldn't be okay with these new facts." Jay nodded, pulling my legs onto his lap. "We can't fix their mistakes."

"But we can fix ours." I said, looking at Jay. He was drawing circles on my jeans with his fingers. I looked him over. He wasn't all that bad. He wasn't sexy sexy. But he wasn't ugly ugly. He was cute, with those sky blue eyes... And that beautiful brown hair.

Without thinking, I put one arm around his neck and turned his head. I kissed him. He was surprised, but he didn't pull away. Eventually he kissed back, his hands stayed around my knee. It wasn't as 'rough', I guess you could say, as Cam's kisses were. But it was equally as beautiful.

A thought popped into my mind, one that almost sent me flying through the air.

We should have been friends a long, long, time ago.