[12] Afraid

^^ Madison Beer

- Day's POV -

Cam took a deep breath. "I-I can't."

I sighed. I really thought that he was going tell me. I wanted to hear it from him, not Peyton, not Jay. We've been friends for 9 years and he'd never even dropped a single hint.

"Day, I'm sorry." Cam said, reaching out to hug me.

I turned away. "You can't say you're my friend if you're not my friend."

"What do you mean?" Cam asked.

"You can't tell me that we're bestfriends when we're really not. I tell you everything about me, every problem, everything. But you can't even trust me with this?" I said, turning to face him. "I thought we were closer than that."

"Day, we are." Cam's eye were pleading. "We are so much closer than I've ever been with anyone. And that's why I can't tell you."

"Cam, what is so hard? Why can't you trust me? If it's something about your one-night stands then tell me! I don't care what it is!! I just want you to trust me!" I shouted.

"You don't understand. You wouldn't understand." Cam sighed.

"Why? Why can't you tell me?" I whispered.

"You wanna know why I like you?! What made me like you?! Why I turned pale as a ghost when I saw her?! What crawled up my ass when I tried to drag you out of there?! You wanna know?!" Cam exploded. "Wanna know why I can't tell you?!?!"

"Yes!! I do want to know!" I shouted. "I want to know all of those things!"

Cam took a huge, shaky breath. "I can't tell you because I'm afraid." Cam looked down at me.

"Afraid of what?" I asked softly.

"O-Of you." Cameron whispered.

"M-Me?"

"I'm afraid that if I tell you," Cam breathed. "You'll leave me."

"Cameron Dallas, you're my bestfriend and nothing you could do or say will ever change that."