Just the beginning

Renae

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I heard the car horns honk behind me. I just came from picking King up from the daycare. Every since I started school I been waking up at 5:00 a.m. And sometimes King wake up at 3:00 or 4:00 a.m. So yeah i be exhausted everyday. I'm just trying to provide for my son and get enough money to rent this apartment, The Giani Building. His daycare is like two blocks from there. His daycare is only five blocks from the apartment so it's a gas saver even though i still have to drive all the way on the other side of town to my school. Everyday i drive 45 min back and forth cause i have to go pick him up. I have to go to my job at the hair salon but i dont have enough clientelle so the little money i make goes stright down the drain. I have to spend it on diapers, wipes, new bottles, clothes, etc.

I have about a good 15 people that i work with now. I do about four heads a day since i braid fast. I braid micros in about a hour in a half, Dreads in a hour, and box braids in almost two hours. And it dont look bad at all it looks nice, neat, and well presented. I try to do my best but its hard when it's so many good hair stylers that work there. Most of the clients i get is because im fast and its neat. And they watch me when im doing other people's hair. I keep my prices at about $40 while the other one's have their prices at $120. So yeah, i should get clients with that low price. While the other stylers are making $360 a day im making about $160. But, they have their barber license I don't even have my High school diploma.

Which isn't bad but i can't be there everyday when i have a one month old son to take care of.

Since, we dont have a nail lady and the other stylist be busy working i do nails which gives me a little extra money. I make $160 in hair and about $300 in nails. I can do nails and a lot of women come in to get their nails done and the prices are $5-15 for kids depending on what their getting. And $20-40 for adults also depending on what their getting.

My daddy said that he would pay the first two bills that i have. And he meant all of my bills two times since i said he couldnt spend $250,000 to buy me the house. I was thinking about getting an apartment but i want a house. I already know im going to be living in it for awhile. I wasn't renting the house i was buying it. It was a three bdroom and 2.5 ba. I had fell in love with it when i seen it on the internet and it had been on the market for about a month so i know it was brand new. I had a new car i was set for the move and i dont think Dre was making any effort on coming to see his son so i made it up in my mind that he wouldn't know where i live when i moved which will be in a month. I still have to go furniture shopping which my dad is paying for since he insists. I called the interior decorators that did King's room so they could do my house.

I was paying them $5,000 to do my bathrooms, liiving room, and bedrooms. The kitchen was fine there wasn't anything wrong with it. The kitchen was up to date i just had to get some kitchen appliances that would go with the black mixed with a light gray granite counters and the light gray cabinets. I was buying a glass table with black chairs. The table that i wanted was nice and i already told my dad about it. The same crib at my dads house i was getting for king here. His room color was a baby blue color with his name around the room in dark blue and gold that's what pictured for his room. My room i wanted grey but everything was in yellow around it. The front room was creme and my furniture i also wanted creme. I picked up my couch decorative pillows already and it was in storage for right now. The colors were black, brown, and creme. And i had bought three pillows for each couch. My idea for my bathroom was white my baseboard painted black while all the plumbing in the bathroom would be black except for the tub but the walk in shower would be black.

I had gave my dad the list of all i wanted and needed i sent it to him. My phone buzzed and the spotlight blinked. It was a reply from my dad it had an emoji smiley face. 12 min later i pulled up in the driveway and got King out the car i had to stay home with King instead of going and making some money. It wasn't a problem staying home with King he's my baby but when your a mother you have to do a lot for your child and i'm slowly running out. I make about $480 and that isn't shit when you got two mouths to feed. Car note to pay, Gas, food, milk, pampers, wipes, etc. That pay check is already gone with all the stuff i got to do. And what happens when i have to pay $1,200 in bills every month.