on my own part 27

Chapter 26 a mother , son reunion part 1

Ricky pov

After our date ended and Bella went home I washed the dishes that had been left from dinner. Just I was about to sit down when John started crying. I went to the nursery to check on him . Hey little man what's going on ? I asked him. I gently lifted him from the crib. He instantly relaxed once he was in my arms. Like usual I checked his diaper but it wasn't wet or dirty. He couldn't have been hungry already since I had just finished feeding him not too long ago. He clung to  my shoulder as I slowly started to sway side to side. Shh it's okay you're alright little man daddy's here , daddy's here I told him. I made my way to the rocking chair across from his crib and carefully sat down in my lap. Once he fell asleep I gently put him down in his crib and put a blanket over him. Good night buddy I love you I told him before I leave the room. I decided that now would be a good time to call Amy and talk to her about the possibility of bringing John over to her house tomorrow.

Amy pov

I am so tired I said. I feel like I could fall asleep right now I told my mom. I know Amy I'm sorry you have to go through this she said. I know you are I said. But mom you don't have to be sorry. It's not like this is your fault or anything. This is no one's fault and you have nothing to be sorry about I told her. I guess but I wish that there was something I could do to make this all disappear and get you feeling better again she told me. I know but it's okay. Mom I'm okay I said. No your not okay! She said . How can you sit there with an IV drip and tell me that you are okay? She asked. Mom calm down! People are staring I tiredly scolded her. Fine! She sighed in defeat. Well at least this is all I have to deal with I said. What's that supposed to mean? She asked me. Well at least I didn't have cancer while I was pregnant with John I said. At least me being sick didn't jeopardize his health I told her. The rest of my chemo therapy went as well as could be expected I guess. After I was disconnected from IV machine by a nurse I was finally free to go home for the night. Once me arrived at the house dad and Ashley helped me upstairs to my bedroom so I could go to bed. Meanwhile mom was busy getting the new medication my doctor had prescribed for me out of the car. Ashley can you do me a favor please? I asked my sister. Sure Amy what do you need me to do? She asked me. Can you go downstairs and grab my purse from the car? I requested. Of course I can she said. Ash I said smiling at her. No problem Aams she told me just before she left the room. I slowly started getting dressed in my pajamas so that I would be able to sleep more comfortably. A few minutes later there was a light knock on my door. Come in I said as I gathered my PJs. Sorry it's just me I heard Ashley say as she open the door and set my purse on my dresser. Thanks again Ashley I said. Good night I told her before she left again. Goodnight Amy. Sleep well she told me before she left the room and closed the door behind herself. After I got changed into my pajamas I was just about to get into bed and go to sleep for the night when my cell phone started ringing. Who could that be? And why on earth are they calling me so late at night? I wonder to myself as I got out of bed to answer my cell phone. When I answered the call I was completely surprised and shocked to hear the voice on the other end.

Amy: hello who is this?

Unknown: hey Amy it's Ricky I'm sorry I know it's late and you're probably tired but I really need to talk to you

Amy: Oh its alright however I am pretty tired as I just got home from a chemo therapy session at the hospital

Ricky: Oh sorry how did it go? How have you been feeling? Has the treatment been working?

Amy: Ricky relax there's no need to be sorry. Well I guess I have been feeling alright considering the circumstances. My doctors are happy with my treatment ProGrass so far but I wouldn't say I'm out of the woods yet