on my own part 40

Chapter 39  the favor

Ricky POV

I can't believe what my teacher just told me. I mean, after everything I've gone through, after everything he has watched me go go through. How could he do this?

I'm in my car on the way to the Church Nursery to pick up John. I am so royally pissed off at Ethan but right now I have to fake it and pretend nothing is wrong.

Right now I have to put on my best happy face and try to be as upbeat and positive as possible because right now I have to go and get my little man.

it's not that I will be upset to see him. In fact I think getting the opportunity to see my baby boy is just what I need right now. I just hope that underneath all of that hugs, kisses, and smiling he doesn't sense that I am upset.

if he does sense I'm upset that is it means  that he will get fussy. If he gets fussy it makes it that much harder to leave him in the care of someone else.

I pull into the parking lot of the Church Nursery and quickly turn off my car.

I walk through the doors and into the lobby of the Nursery, at the time there is no secretary at the desk so I just sign my name in the guest book and take a seat.

A few minutes later a secretary comes back and sits at the desk.

" hi I'm Ricky Underwood and I am here to pick up my son. his name is Jonathan or John Underwood. He should be in the infant care Center." I say introducing myself.

" did you sign in?" She asked me.

" yes ma'am, I did just before I sat down."  I told her.

" all right, just making sure. It is our policy to have anyone and everyone who comes in here sign in and out. It's just an extra safety precaution for the babies and children who are in our care." She explains to me.

" I know, it's okay. Don't worry I am well aware of the rules and regulations. My son has been going here since shortly after he was born." I say.

" oh, I see. So... how old is your a little boy?"  she asked.

Immediately a smile spread across my face at the mention of John. I love when I have the opportunity to talk about him.

" my son's name is Jonathan or Jon like I said and he will be 6 months old next week." I exclaim proudly.

the secretary just Smiles at me.

"I see , well someone should be out here with him soon" she tells me and I just nod and smile at her.

A few minutes later the brightly colored double doors open.  An exhausted looking young woman with a crying infant and her arms appears.

"whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" John cried out loudly.

I stood up from where I was sitting and hald my arms out to take my son.

as soon as he was in the familiarity of my embrace he instantly collapsed on to my shoulder.

Although I could feel his body relax he's crying continued. I was a little confused as this was very abnormal behavior for him.

Without even giving it a second thought automatically begin to sway him side to side to help calm him down.