on my own Part 41

Chapter 40 the teen dad talk

Ashley POV

" remember Ashley, I just fed him like 10 minutes ago. So you'll probably need to change his diaper soon." Amy told me.

" oh and don't forget there's more food in the fridge in case he gets hungry. Also remember you won't have any chance of getting him to take a nap unless he has his Teddy." She said.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

" okay, okay yes Amy I know ! I am going to tell you the exact same thing that I told Ricky before he left six hours ago. You don't have anything to worry about! I have all of the emergency numbers, I know his routine inside and out. I have taken an infant first aid and CPR class. I know what  signs to look for when he is getting tired. I understand how to feed him properly so he won't choke. I know what his favorite toys are and I know how to change diapers. So, like I sad before you have absolutely positively nothing to worry about! I am fully capable of keeping the baby relatively speaking happy and most importantly alive for the next few hours until Ricky comes back to pick him up!" I told her.

" seriously Ashley! you don't have to be so harsh! Your sister is just worried about leaving her son." My dad said.

" yes, dad I know. I just wish she would stop reminding me of every little teeny tiny thing. I'm not stupid! I know how to look after my own nephew. She doesn't have to be all bossy and controlling about every little thing all the time! it's really annoying and she's getting on my last nerve." I said and rolled my eyes again.

" I know sugar plum, but listen. You have to remember correction we all have to remember that things are very difficult for Amy , especially right now. When she made the very difficult decision to leave her newborn son with his father she thought it was the only choice she had to keep him safe. She thought she was doing the right thing. She thought she was doing what was best for him. she was only trying to protect him.

Then, well not long after that she started to feel sick. That's when your mother and I decided that we should take her to the doctor. that's where she was referred to a specialist in the hospital and it mediately diagnosed with fetal lung cancer.

When she found out the news she was immediately devastated and she realized that she wanted to use the little time that she had left to spend with her family while also trying to got to know her son." He told me.

" I know! Dad seriously? you don't need to tell me the whole story of what happened each and every time I make some sort of remark." I said.

" I know I don't, but I guess when I'm just trying to tell you is that things are difficult for a me right now and we all need to be there to support her. you have to understand that she is doing her best to try to be a good mom to John with the little time she has to she has to spend with him." He told me.

I just Shrugged my shoulders, not really knowing how to respond to what he was saying.

" alright everyone we are officially ready to go." My mom announced.

" yes mom I know, I know. I'm going to tell you exactly what I told Amy about 5 minutes ago and exactly what I told Ricky look for six hours and and 5 minutes ago. Don't worry!! I have everything under control!" I tell her.

" all right, all right Ashley we're just making sure." She tells me.

Amy and my parents leave to go to Amy's doctor's appointment.

"whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa !!" John starts to cry out.

" all right, all right. Little munchkin You're okay everything's fine." I tell him as I lift him up and gently sway side to side with him in my arms.