V

Vote comment follow enjoy

Trey

I was so fucking confused.

"What the hell is your problem man?!" I said pushing August. "Why are treating her like that?!"

"Cause I can! Nigga fuck yo soft ass. You acting weak too!"

"I'm not acting weak. I'm acting human! That's a scared little girl in there man. She's hurt. And you ain't helping none." I said walking off. I jogged up the stairs to Daya's room. I knocked on the door and I heard her sniffle. I felt my heart cave. I've had a soft spot for her since the day I first saw her. Me and august were both there when she was born. Chris and Ty are too young so they didn't come with us... But I remember it perfectly. "Daya... Babygirl open the door please. It's me Trey."

"Go away." I jiggled the door knob but it was locked.

"Daya open up."

"Leave me alone."

"Ima sit outside this door until you open it."

"You're wasting your time." Her voice cracked.

"I'm doing it anyway." I smiled using her words from downstairs. I sat down leaning my back up against her door. I started humming to keep myself entertained. I wound up singing all kinds of songs. From John legend to Brian McKnight to Whitney Houston. I'm pretty sure I went through at least 75 songs. I couldn't think of anything else to sing. The boys came up asking why I was still sitting here. I waved them off. Even Chris sat and sang with me for a little. But not long. I was ending I should've cheated by Keyshia Cole. I couldn't think of anything else.

"I'm out of songs Z." I knew she was sitting on the other side of the door. I felt her weight when it came against it. I pat my pockets trying to find my phone. I was gonna find some songs to sing. i pulled it out just as she spoke.

"I got one." She whispered. I put my phone in between my legs.

"What's it called?"

"It doesn't have a name. I wrote it." I waited for her to sing.

"Ight go head." I urged. I heard her take a deep breath.

" Used to tell us you were gonna leave

Couldn't take it anymore

You couldn't breath

Grama and I were beggin' you to stay

I was only three when you went away

I remember on that day

I prayed you'd be okay

And that was my sad day

Period sad-face

You were everything a mother's for

And I never got to ask for more

And I know it wasn't fair

How one day you wasn't there

And I needed you the same

And sometimes I still get angry

And I know you still get angry