Chapter 7: Her soft blue eyes

Still the first day, hope your not bored with the story, I am trying to keep it light hearted bcuz of the intense drama that will be coming up later.

Derek's POV

It was a long day, but all in all my day could have gone better. I was waiting for the elevator, but it seemed to be taking a long time. I pressed the button again and a guy started walking up to the elevator. I've never seen him around. He was probably from Mercy West. I concluded that he was a resident because he was too old to be an intern but too young and and looked too stupid to be an attending or fellow. He was muscular and well-built but he didn't have hair like me.

The elevator finally came in what seemed to be ages! We both got in and didn't exchange any words. This elevator felt like it would take FOREVER to get to the first floor. I just wanted to go home (my trailer) and drink a beer and enjoy the peacefulness of being a free man. No Addison, no woman, no nothing but me.

As I thought these things to myself the elevator stopped at the 4th floor. God damn it! The day was already a slow and boring one and now this freaking elevator takes literally one hour to move an inch!! I snuck a glance at the guy across from me to see if he was just as annoyed as I was, apparently he wasn't. The only thing that kept me from going full on ballistic is the idea of me with a beer in my hand being nobody's husband or boyfriend. As soon as the elevator door opened I regretted those words.....

The most beautiful, pretty, breath taking woman walked in. Her tender blonde curls gently rolled of her back. Her soft blue eyes were hypnotic and mesmerizing. And then she smiled. Oh her smiled gave my stomach butterflies. She had the most perfect smile a human being could have. The way she smelled reminded me of some kind of amazing flower. She was wearing no make up but her skin was flawless. She was extraordinary, I could tell. I mean she was hella attractive but something about her just made her so alluring. There was no way this woman didn't have a boyfriend. And if she didn't, it would have been my lucky day because then I could use my sweet moves and charm and make her like me.

When I finally snapped back to reality I found myself in a very awkward and infuriating position. The guy I came in with was making out with my girl. Okay well technically she wasn't my girl, but she was about to be. I was right, she couldn't of been single, she was with the resident I came into the elevator with.

This wasn't fair. Life isn't fair.

"Mer, I just remembered I left my phone at the lounge...see you at Joe's?" The guy asked her.

"Joe's" she said in confusion. I studied the conversation very carefully, by the woman's expressions I could tell she'd never been there.

"Joe's is the name of the bar across the street" he explained. Well I knew where I was going...I was going to Joe's and to find out more about this girl. But the smell of her hair lingered in my nose and I just couldn't seem to forget about it.

Meredith's POV
I admit it was a pretty busy day but I got through it, which was a good thing. Especially I got through it with my friends and my boyfriend. I also made some new friends but I already considered George a friend. I walked up to the 'elevator waiting area thingy' I waited for the elevator to come to my floor. When the elevator opened my face lit up! Speak of the devil, Alex was right there on the elevator with another guy.

The first thing I did was hug him and then we just slowly stared at each other and seconds later we were full on tongue making out...

I didn't care if there was another doctor here who was probably an attending and my boss, but kissing Alex after a long day is just what I needed. I could feel the eyes of the other person directly staring at us,which made me break off the kiss. Alex told me he forgot his cell phone so he left and told me we'll meet up at Joe's a bar across the street.

When he left on the 2nd floor the trip to the first floor was very weird and long. So I took out my cell phone and and checked my Twitter feed. My friend Sadie from my past life retweeted a very hilarious post and I couldn't resist giggling. I probably looked like a fool to the other guy on the elevator. First I kiss someone then I laugh. And the worst part was, he might me my boss. Finally after what seemed hours I was able to leave the elevator to hang out with my friends at Joe's.

A/N I'm really freaking proud of this chapter:) I hope you liked the descriptiveness and details of how Derek saw Meredith. I'm sorry I didn't update like for 4 days but I'm here now! Also when I 6+ votes I will update:)) bye💋