Chapter 27: Too Easy

Read my other story plz!

Derek's POV

I gleefully walked toward the coffee cart, located near the entrance. I had a huge stupid grin on my face, but I was a happy man.

"Black Coffee, no ice, no sugar" I ordered my daily coffee drink. Black Coffee, wasn't meant for everyone, and all the attendings went for something more rich in flavor. But me, I loved the simplicity of the black coffee. The strong scent of freshly brewed coffee, had an effect on me, that could lift up my mood. The barista handed me my coffee, and I paid my 3.50$. Not to little, not too much.

Wait where was I? Right...Life was good. Almost too good, but nonetheless good. The sex was mind blowingly amazing, and ever since our 'first time' 3 weeks ago, she seemed to be opening up more. I wanted to know what happened to her, in the past, but everything I bought up the topic, she seemed uncomfortable. Thinking of Meredith, I should've gotten her coffee. I sighed and I turned back and walked down the familiar hallway, and made my way back to the cute little coffee cart. The owner sold, coffee, of course. But with that she sold snacks like cookies and brownies. There wasn't anyone in line, so I made my way over to the front of the counter.

"What brings you back Dr. Shepherd?" Megan, the barista inquired.

"Just getting something for my girlfriend" Girlfriend. It had been awhile since he'd had one. The last time I had one was when I was roaming the halls of my college campus. Before I met Addie.

"Okay, what would you like sir"

"Umm..." I pondered for a minute. How did Meredith take her coffee? Shit, I should know this.

"Don't know how you girlfriend takes coffee?"

"Err, no actually"

"Well if you tell me her name, I might know how she takes her coffee. Generally I know everyone" she smiled.

"Meredith, Meredith Grey"

"Oh! I love her! She always buys a brownie with her coffee and tips me!" The grin grew wider on Megan's face. "She takes her coffee just like you, but has some sugar"

"Oh..." I said, as Megan handed me the brewed coffee. "I'll also have the brownie"

"Good choice" she turned around for quick second to grab the packaged brownie. "That would be 4$"

I went through my wallet and picked out a 5$ bill. I handed it to her and said "keep the change"

"Thank you Dr. Shepherd" I heard her say as I heard something drop. My day dreaming about Meredith left me unaware that I bumped into a doctor. She looked familiar, but I couldn't exactly tell where she was from.

"Oh sorry..." I mumbled as she grabbed her charts that fell from her hands and onto the floor.

"No problem, don't worry about it" she smiled.

"Dr. Fields, Taylor Fields" she extended her hand. "I don't we've met before"

"Derek Shepherd, nice to meet you Dr. Fields."

"Oh please, call me Taylor."

"Will do" I said as I walked over to nurses station. Hopefully Meredith would be there, looking over some charts, looking incredibly cute as she did so.

But when I approached to my destination, my jaw dropped. And not in a good way. Meredith, my Meredith, had some guy's tongue down her throat. After a few seconds she screamed "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" And stormed off into an on call room. She obviously didn't see me, but I was confused. For a quick second, when I studied her face during the kiss, she seemed to enjoy it. I didn't know if I should've gone after her or been mad at her.

I'm going to hide now...