Chapter 44: Bad Day (part 2)

Today is 11 years of grey's hence the pic^^* love grey's so much. Derek/Patrick is the loml.❤️ happy Easter to those who celebrate it or just happy Sunday.

❤️ happy Easter to those who celebrate it or just happy Sunday

----------

----------

Alex was having a crap day. He was on scut duty today, and had been for the past week. It wasn't fair. Dr. Herman the chief resident assigned him scut, I mean only interns did that. So to sum it up Alex was having a bad day, with occurring headaches and nausea because of the scut work he had done. He had no idea what Herman had against him but she needed to chill asap. Bailey would've been a much better resident but she was an attending. Meredith and April worked a cardio case. Jackson was on plastics. George was PEDS today, Izzie had Neuro, Percy (aka Charles) was OB, Kingston did general and Adamson (aka Reed) had Ortho. So why the hell didn't he get thoracics with Fields or Trauma with Hunt, or some other specialty. Alex was so pissed off at Herman, he dismissed the looks he was getting from a fellow intern, Wilson. Alex stormed into the lounge and decided he needed a drink, but with a friend or buddy. He thought about asking either Meredith or Jackson, so he waited until one of the two came in. Not knowing that Jackson had already left. He checked the clock, 8:07pm.

- - -

Cristina had made a realization that the feeling that she felt for Owen were more complex than with Burke. But she had expected Owen to be patient with her, at least for the time being. Life as a surgical resident wasn't easy, and neither was having two guys fawn over you. Growing up, she was quick to isolate herself from the bright and shiny people and the egotistical boys, but now she was surrounded by co workers and patients that fir both criteria. Two days ago, she had made up her mind about being with Owen, so today she took a leap of faith and went on to tell Owen, before breaking up with Burke. But his tongue was down some girl's throat and now she needed a drink. And tommorow she would confront him, because in all the years Cristina lived, she had never felt so weak or vulnerable. Expect for the time she had witnessed her father's death. That had to do alot with the way she was now. She walked into the lounge only to be greeted with Evil Spawn. Evil because he had partially cheated on her person, and Spawn because he was extremely annoying and cocky.

"Have you seen Mer or Jackson?" Alex asked.

"No, Mer's shift ended like 30 minutes before us because of her mother" Not knowing that Meredith was in the same building as her and looking for her as well.

"Damn, having a celebrity mother sick in the hospital you work at, gotta be hell' He shook his head

"Hmm,"

"So I was going to get a drink, you wanna tag along?"

Cristina pondered for a minute, "Yeah whatever Evil Spawn" she sighed

"Evil Spawn?"

"Your nickname" She smiled, as they walked out of the hospital.

"Fine then your's is Ice princess"

"Hmm Do I look like a princess to you?"

"Right, just Ice Cube" He chuckled as they crossed the street to go to Joe's.

- - -

Where was everyone? Meredith couldn't find anyone. Cristina, April, Jackson, George. No One. Not even Alex or her acquaintance Izzie. She guessed she would have to drink alone. By herself. Just like when she was young. Alone. Empty. She checked her watch as he left the hospital. 8:10 pm, not knowing that she had only missed her friends by three minutes.

She entered Joe's to be greeted with a large group of her friends combined. She smiled, she had people. No Derek. No Connor. No Ellis, but people that would care. She had people. She smiled as she walked towards them, feeling welcomed.

We used to play pretend, give each other different names,
We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away,
Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face,
Saying, "wake up, you need to make money."

- - -

If you dont know the song that I used in the last two chapters then shame on you. Do you live under a rock? Jk ;).

Next chapter is a part 3 but a really fun one and so is the one after that. 20 comments (yes you can comment multiple times) and 17 votes for the next update.

Also if your watching grey's season 12 right now, you might know who Will Thorpe is. (The guy who wants to date Mer) well he's also an oncologist just like Connor😉 I think Shonda is reading my fic. Lol no😂 I'm having mixed thoughts on Mer moving on...

- Jiji💖