"Fire!"

I watched as she walked into the woods, she looked worried but trudged on. I saw Evan as his wolf counterpart follow Sam, he's going to scare her for a laugh? No way. I ran out and sure enough, I heard her scream. I ran to see my brother basically dancing under the tree Sam tried to hide in. She was throwing pinecones in the bushes, good trick for actual wolves, but... Evan's only just smart enough to pass as human. I gave him a death glare and he ran off. Sam climbed down, tears streaming down her face as she ran off. "Sam, what's wrong?" I asked as she came to a stop. I heard her heart pumping and I saw the tears fall away from her eyes. "Are you alright?" I asked and she nodded, wiping at her eyes, "yeah, fine, sorry. Thought I saw something... nothing really. I'll see you tomorrow." She said and walked away, not even looking at me, I heard the sob escape from her as she made it to the clearing of her house. I walked back and went inside, "Evan, you seriously scared her. It's not a joke, she was genuinely scared." I said and Hina, his girlfriend and life mate, hit him upside the head. "That poor girl..." Haru, Sage's girlfriend, life mate, and Hina's twin sister said as she shook her head. "Evan, if Sam is David's life mate, then don't go scaring her like that." Joshua said, "I thought she could take the joke." He tried in his defense.

***

I cleared the rest of my tears away when I got to my room. I flopped down and heard a cry of a wolf. I looked outside, slowly, not really wanting to. Sure enough, there was the black wolf, which was different from the red one that scared me earlier. "It's... you again..." I said with a smiled, knowing this wolf couldn't judge. I leaned out of my window and reached out before his head was resting at the end of my fingertips, I actually didn't have to reach out, he met me halfway. I ran my fingers through his amazingly soft fur coat. I smiled again before I got a call, I sighed. "Hello? Sam speaking." I said politely. "Sam, hey, it's Warren." I rolled my eyes slightly, "hey Warren. Questions on the project?" The wolf gave an irritated growl and ran off. "No, actually, I thought you'd like to go out to eat with me." He said, I bit my lip, "sorry, can't. Dinners around here are special to my mom, bless her heart." I said, lying. Most of the times I just have a sandwich or a salad, something in the fridge. "Oh, well, maybe next time, tomorrow maybe." He said and I shrugged, "maybe." And with that he ended the call.
I set my phone down and went to grab out a sandwich... I wonder if I should tell mom, or Calvin about the wolves... not they don't need to know. I took a shower and began to listen to music when my phone rang, God, ever the popular one. Sarcasm. "Hello? Sam speaking." I repeated. "Hi Sam, this is Joshua, sorry about the call, I sort of forced your number out of David." I chuckled slightly, "no, it's fine, what's wrong? Did I leave something there? Or does David have a question on the homework?" He gave a chuckle, "actually, no. We were wondering if you wanted to came for dinner tomorrow night. Bring your family, Lord knows we cook enough to feed this lot." I chewed my lip, "I'll ask my mom, I can make it, not sure about Calvin and mom." "Oh?" Amusement laced his voice, "yeah, mom has her book clubs at night and Calvin only comes home shortly before riding over to a friend's house." "Oh, well, you could just bring you. But we would love to meet your family." He said and sounded like he was elbowed in the gut and I heard a woman say, "Joshua, stop pestering the poor girl." I chuckled slightly before my brother busted into my room, scaring me, but the look on his face scared me even more. "Fire!" He yelled and I ran, still carrying my phone till I fumbled and dropped it. I went for the fire extinguisher. I pointed it at the old burning microwave and I yelped in pain as the fire got a lick of me. But it was out. "Calvin! What were you thinking?! You placed a fork in there along with a plastic container!" I screamed, he looked at my phone, "uh, sis, your phone's on speaker." He said, "like I give a damn about that! You could have been hurt! Or burnt down the house! Or quite possibly both!" I sighed, "uh..." Calvin pointed to the many people rushing from the woods. They opened the door quickly, "is everyone alright?!" Ash asked, he was Beth's husband. "Yes, sorry, you must have thought..." "there was a fire! We were worried!" Hailey, Joshua's wife said and checked my little brother for any burns. "Oh, Calvin, this is the Hall family, that's the Parks, friends." I said and felt my arm begin to hurt and I realized my shirt was singed, my arm slightly burned. I hid it behind my back but the twins, Hina and Hana caught me and tried to find a towel. I chuckled slightly and produced one and ran it under cold water. "Sorry that you had to come down for nothing. It was just a microwave. I'm quite stupid in that aspect." I said and David hugged me, I stiffened and stayed still. "As long as your safe." He whispered, I pushed back, "that was incredibly cheesy, do you have just a book filled with such sayings?" I joked and he smiled, "only for you." He whispered, but then Calvin heard, Fuck. Crap. Dicks. "We'll get going, but remember, never hesitate to call if you ever need anything." Luke said, and they left. I sighed and looked over to Calvin. "Tell her about anything. You'll find you won't have legs in the morning." I said and walked over to the first aid kit and wrapped my arm in a bandage. It was a small burn, just another thing to add to the horrible body.