Stay with me

Sam blinked several times, "human for one... that's about it." She said, "no, you have this ability of keeping David from reading your thoughts and feeling what you feel." Joshua said, Sam kept a stone face on. "I... had a bad past. I got into the habit of walling people out... I guess." She said and I went to hold her hand, her eyes flicked to me with... sadness, I couldn't feel it anymore, the wall had been built up once more. "What? What could possibly happen that you'd have this power of blocking your life mate out?" Hailey asked, once she found out she was our Luna, she studied up on this. Sam's shoulders grew tense, she glared down at the floor. "I've been dealt a crap hand in the crazy gamble of life. I've played as best I can." She said and I touched her hand which was rolled up into a ball. "What happened?" Her eyes snapped to mine, pain, suffering, sadness, hatred, and fear swam her dark brown and grey pools. "Did you notice how I only have a mother?" She said, we nodded, "the reason is, because the biological father of myself and Calvin was placed in jail for seven counts of rape, seven counts of sexual assault, and eleven counts of abuse." Her voice was distant, like she was trying to not remember. "Who did he rape?" My brother asked, "add two and two." She snarled before getting up, "add up the fucking numbers and see that, with the information I gave you." She said and looked us all in the eye.
Oh God.
"He-?" Hailey asked, "please, by all means, say the word." After we didn't, she did, "yes. I was raped when I was thirteen. So, there you go, I'm not going to ask for pity from you. I just ask that you leave me alone and let me deal and cope with my life." She said and began to leave before I heard a shuttering sound come from her as she entered the forest, she always seems to be hesitant when it came to entering the forest part.
"How could anyone do that to such a sweet girl?" Hailey asked she was crying. "A monster." Joshua spat, "but she survived. And I'm going to make sure she's staying that way." I said before I left. I got to her house, she was dressed for bed and reading a book that she was smiling at, her smile made my world brighter but then something happened, she began to cry and she looked like she'd tare the book in half. She jumped up and set the book down, leaning against her bed. "Why can't she see that he undoubtedly love her?! God, this girl will be the death of me..." I heard her voice say in a quiet manner. She wiped away her tears and sighed, getting up and peering out the window, seeing me. She looked scared, I felt her heart leap. She walked over and opened the window, I jumped in and hugged her, "I never wanted your pity." She snapped at me, I shook my head, "I don't. Sam. It scares me how strong you are! No one should bare that burden." I said and kept her close to me. She didn't know what to say, I felt a powerful emotion come from her, but I haven't broken throughout the shell yet... "it's time you go to bed." I said and she sighed before nodding, she looked up to me and took my hand. "Stay with me?" She asked, twisting her fingers together and not looking me in the eyes. "Yes." She smiled before blushing. I picked her up, moved her book to her nightstand, and laid us both down. She pulled a heavy duvet over us and I felt her relax in my hold, "thank you David." I kissed her forehead, "I'd do anything for you sweetheart."

***

I woke up with David still cuddling me, he was still asleep, I didn't want to wake him so I stayed in his arms, my face buried in his muscling chest. I heard him moan awake and he looked down to me. He chuckled softly and kissed the top of my head, relaxing again, I didn't want to let go, so I kept my eyes closed and kept my breathing even. I felt him sob, keeping it as quite as possible, he tightened his hold on me and began to cry silently. I sat up quickly and held him tightly, not caring if his head was so near my my cleavage, but I knew that if a baby hears the heartbeat of the mother, it calms them, teenagers are like big babies, so this should semi work because I'm a girl. Soon he stopped crying but I didn't let go of him just yet, "what's wrong?" I asked, running my hand through his hair, trying to calm him down. "I'm sorry..." he said, nearly choking on his words. I made the shushing sound and ran my hands through this mess of dark hair. "There's no need!" I soothed, "you couldn't have done anything within the last few hours of us sleeping." I said, not doubting him. "My wolf is right... it's my fault I almost lost you last night."