"who ever said I've given my heart to anyone?"

Next morning I got up and rushed out, seeing Ian walk down as well. We got to school and I saw Warren talking to Sam. "It must suck, having a vampire as a rival." Said Ian, "tell me about it..." I said as I got out of the car, "so, dinner tonight, yeah?" Warren asked, "Warren, sorry, but I have to introduce my family to a friend's. Next time for sure?" Warren just smiled and wrapped his arm around her, "alright Baby doll. See you in English." She nodded and waved to him as some girl clung to him. "You do know he's just playing with your heart, right?" I asked, she turned, "who ever said I've given my heart to anyone? He's a good friend, like you. And like Gina, no matter how much she drifts." She muttered the last part. We walked in. I heard a girl squeal and then tackled Sam, who amazingly stayed upright. "Gina, your alright!" Sam said and hugged her blonde friend tightly. "Since when am I not? I just saw the cute new guy..." he eyes drifted onto me, "and here's another one." She said, "there's actually three, wait around a bit and my brother will pop inside any second." I said and got closer to Sam, "hold still Sweetheart, you got some fuzz in your hair." I said and picked it out, "thanks David." She said, her friend was looking at us oddly before lighting up and clapping, "I ship it!" What?

***

I clamped my hand over her mouth, "there shall be no "shipping" Gina. And this said ship won't even make it out to sail." I said and she giggled gleefully and I shook my head, "hey Sam, hey little bro." I heard Ian say. Gina stopped in her tracks, I looked beside us, Ian was walking over, does she legit have a crush? Ian stopped in his tracks, looking over Gina. She was taller than me, thinner than me, and around a whole lot better looking. Gina did the same. "Gina! This is Ian! David's older brother, we'll leave you two to getting to know each other." I said and grabbed David by his hand and pulled him away. I was giggling happily once we were out of ear shot. "You seem happy, is it because your holding my hand?" I looked down to our intertwined fingers. "Sorry," I tried to let go but he wouldn't. "It's hard to let go when you won't." I said and he just smiled, walking us to our first period class. We sat down and I brought out my homework, still with one hand. "Alright! I get it! You think it's fun to tease me. Just let go of my hand." I said and yanked away. "I don't find it to be fun, I find you to be cute." He muttered, "what?" I stuttered, not believing I heard him properly. "You heard me. I find you to be adorable." I stood up and began to run away, passing Gina and Ian who followed me outside. I felt the cold sting of my tears fall from my eyes. Why must everyone make fun of me?! I know I'm fat! I know I'll never be more than "just friends"! But for once, I snapped, and ran. "Sam!" I heard Gina say, I hugged her tightly. "What did David say?" Ian asked, patting my shoulder. "I'm done... being the butt of a joke, I'm done being teased... I'm done being laughed at." I said and Gina hugged me tighter. "David won't shut up about you, to him your perfect, saying your the best thing that's ever happened to him." Ian said, "and I ment every word!" I turned, Gina let me go, "I ment every word Sam." He said and held me, tightly as the tears finally went away.