The rule of three

***

"Gina, you alright?" She let out a groan, "not now baby." I heard her say, "yeah, Sam I'm fine." She said, "Gina, give the phone to Ian." "He's not-!" "I know he's there Gina." I growled, I heard the transition. "Did you tell her about the other half of you?" I heard him gulp, "I was going to get around to it-." "Going to get around to it?! She deserves to know! From what I gather this is a delicate balance of love between each other. So help me, I'll come over there and tell her myself!" I said, pulling on jeans, not caring that David saw my shorts I wear underneath everything. "Just let me handle this. I was going to tell her." He said and I stopped, "going to tell her? After you mated with her and bit her neck? You do that shit before!" I said angrily. How would Gina take this? I have to be there for her when the time comes. "You have two hours to tell her before I go over there and tell her, after I take off your tail and testicles and shove them down your throat!" I snapped my phone shut, "I know you're mad, but you said it yourself, Gina has been drifting..." "I'd never give up on Gina. She has helped me more than anyone." I said and folded my pyjama pants. "Are you going to change out of your pyjama shirt next?" He asked in a sexy way. "I might... soon..." I said and held onto him. "What did Gina do?" "She helped me through the dark times. And I'm sorry if you take this the wrong way, but I won't let my best friend be taken advantage of again." I said remembering those dark times, I let out a sob before David picked me up and cradled me. "You're right. He should have asked before marking and making it binding..." everything time he said "marking" "mate" or "binding" I want to make it fully, a full thing and live happy ever after... but we're not in a fairytale.
Two hours ticked by till I got a call from Gina. "Hello." I said, grabbing my hat. "Sam? Did you know about this?" She sobbed, "Gina, I know how you feel. I threatened to pull off his tail and balls and shove them down his throat... do you want me to do that? Gina, where are you?" "Our spot..." she said and I nodded, "right. I'll run down right now." I hung up and looked over to David, "I'm sorry. But if your brother hurt Gina. I will have to kill him." His eyes went wide, he knew I wasn't joking, he knew I was angry. "I'll deal with my brother. You handle Gina." I nodded and began to run down to the hidden lake, there are a bunch here, hidden spots. "Sam." I turned and saw Gina crying. I hugged her, rocking her back and forth.
Soon she finished crying. "Where did her mark you?" I asked and she moved her hair away from her neck and pulled the caller of her turtleneck down to show me the large bite mark on her neck. "How do you know so much?" She asked, "David," I moved my hair so she could see the shallow marking on my neck. "You mean you and he had-?" "No, were only halfway done." She nodded and hugged me. "How... did he tell you?" She asked, "he asked politely and told me the pros and cons. So... I agreed, letting down my wall for him." I said and she sobbed, "Ian just straight out told me that he was sorry and that I was his forever." She said and I lifted her chin. "It could be worse." She nodded, "he's cute... same intellectual state as me... the sex is amazing..." "I didn't need to know, but thanks... so, what do you want to do?" She looked over to me, shrugging, but keeping my arm around her shoulders. "Well, we could do a bunch of things, eat ice cream and watch scary movies, go beat up Ian, or, and this is just a suggestion... accept this." She looked like she'd argue. "Gina. He knows what you're feeling." "No he doesn't!" She said, "once they mark you, you are both more attuned to each other, he can hear what your thinking, he knows what your feeling. You've always wanted a guy to be able to know if you had a bad day, you wanted someone to love and care for you. Gina, if Ian is half the man David is, he'll treat you like a princess and give you your every need." She sighed, "can we do all three?" She asked, I smiled and hugged her tightly, "that's my girl."