"Life ain't sugar and gumdrops."

At dinner I looked over to Sam, she was still wearing my dress shirt and her leggings. I wanted to see her like that for the rest of my life. Under the table I took hold of her hand and gave her a smile, she was blushing like crazy. "So, how are your studies going David?" Sam's mom asked, "great, I have Sam to help me along the way." I said and Sam blushed, "that's good! Sam says that your on a team." She said, "a school group researching the volume of run off." Sam said, smiling a little bit. "Who's your other partner dear?" Her mom asked, "Warren, another new guy." Joshua tensed up, he didn't like Warren, he tried to take Hailey away from him nearly thirteen years ago. "Oh, his parents is that couple... jeez, they look too young to have a kid." Her mom said, that was her second glass of wine. "Mother..." Sam whispered and shook her head.
Dinner was done but the grown ups were busy talking, Calvin and Ian were playing a videogame, Sam and I went for a walk outside. "You look good, by the way." I said and she looked up slightly, "it's your shirt." She said, the rain had subsided for a bit for us, well, only just. "Yeah, but you look good in it." I said as I looked over to her, she had stopped walking and watched me for a while. "You never see the faults, do you?" She asked and I shook my head, "not around you. As I said before, you are without fault." She chuckled, "you love the references, don't you?" I wrapped my arm around her and smiled, "yeah. And you love it too."

It was time to go, well, Sam said it was time to go. She'd be driving her mom and brother back home, her mom was a bit drunk and her brother was asleep. "David go with her, she'll need some help." Evan said, pushing me towards her. She steadied me quickly before blushing madly and getting into her car. I followed suit and she drove us down to her house. I helped her brother into his room, it was messy and had gaming posters on every wall. I sat him down in his bed and walked out, "good night mom." Sam said and closed the door, "would you like something to drink?" She asked, I nodded and she reached up to get a cup, but couldn't reach. I chuckled and walked behind her, reaching and grabbing two cups. She blushed and I lightly kissed her neck. She squeaked, it was too cute. "Your beautiful." She took the cups from me, "and I think your very handsome, saying it instead of thinking it is very strange..." She mumbled, "so you think of me all the time?" Her blush knew no bounds as she emptied some hot chocolate, coffee, and creamer in to the cups, mixing hot water in there as well. "So... if I can ask... what did that kiss mean?" She mumbled... "really?" I asked, did she not get that I loved her? "Yeah... I know... sorry." She said and got up and closed a door, it was her bedroom door. I knocked quickly before walking in. Still tidy and having the large amounts of blankets on the bed. "Sam, I won't push you to love me. But I know that I love you, no matter how many times you don't think I do. But I love you." I said and hugged her tightly. She looked up to me. "... hold still." She said and I did. She cupped my face and rubbed small circles in my skin beside my ears. "Love is a strong emotion. The lust you have as a young boy or girl sometimes isn't the same type of love you feel when your a young man or woman." She said and watched me closely, "which is why... I... don't know what I feel. I feel strongly towards you David. But I'm not sure what it is..." "I'll wait. As long as you need." As long as you'll promise me to be mine. She hugged me, "I don't deserve you." She said but I kissed her quickly, "you deserve me, and everything good in the world." She gave a breathy chuckle. "Tomorrow we have to meet up and do our project." She said and I nodded and kissed her forehead. "So, get a good night sleep." I said and left her there.

~a total bullshit time skip because I hate filling in the school hours with horrible filler.~

After school Sam grabbed Warren away from Jane, "excuse me fatso, I was talking to him!" She screeched, "Warren. Here's the map, here's the necessary materials, don't take too long." Sam said and I wrapped an arm around her and walked out before she stopped us, "oh, and." She punched Jane, causing her nose to bleed. "It's Sam." She said and Gina whooped, Ian and Warren were cheering for her as well. "Warren! Don't you see what she did to me?!" Jane screamed, "never call her names. She's fierce." Warren said and we all left, Warren got on his bike, Calvin was riding with William today, and Ian was driving Gina home. "Violence is very bad, I know." She said, "but in this instance it's fine." I said and kissed her. She blushed and drove off.
Once we parked Warren wasn't far behind. Sam dug out her camera and took a photo of the river and us two, the photo came out quickly and she shook it a bit. Soon it came out pretty well. There wasn't color rather old timey colours. She placed a Ph strip into the water, jotted down the result, took more photos of us both, "Mrs. Phelps said she wanted to see you in a couple photos." I said, "oh yeah. I was hopeful you'd forget." She muttered and turned the camera around and, with shaky hands, tried to take a photo. "Just give it to me." Warren said and took a photo of the two of us. She did the rest of the work but then stopped, "sorry, do you want to do this? I'm more experienced with doing all of the work..." She said and I took her journal. "Hey, not anymore." Warren said and patted her head, she chuckled before hearing bushes rustle. She bit her lip and turned to see a guy. Her eyes grew icy, "what are you doing here Shawn?" She asked, he looked like hell and back. "Can't a man..." "no. Not here and not anymore. You leave before I call your brother." She said, he stood toe to toe with her, she didn't look scared, "your definitely your mother's daughter." He said before walking off. She tightened her hold on her pencil before dropping her head slightly and turned back to us. "Who was that?" I asked, "he's a jobless, slobby, drunk who hangs around here and steals car parts." She said and looked the way he left. "Life ain't sugar and gumdrops." She muttered as she crouched down and took more tests. I looked down to her, she was far away from here, she didn't look up, only did the rest of the tests, wrote it down and drove me home, not saying a single word.