"so really, it's nothing"

Warren was flirting with Sam during the whole time she was looking up information on the streams, the kinds of run off that could get into the water and potentially harm the ecosystem. She took careful notes on the steps, everything. "Warren, shush, concentrating... where did I place my glasses?" She muttered as she searched her bag, they were on top of her head. "They're on your head Sweetheart." I said and placed them down. She nodded, "shows how well my fricken memory works." She joked as she kept writing. Sam pulled up a map of the town, I saw where I lived, where she lived and where Warren lived. "Here's my mother's work, it's beside the small river area here. So, what days work out for you two?" She said, hand at the ready to write down, she had written nearly three pages of information. "Anytime Baby doll." Warren said and handed her his number before getting up and leaving, faking to go to the bathroom but in reality, probably was board. "... alrighty then..." She said and wrote his number down in her notebook. "But if I do need to talk to you, I can just walk to your house." She said to me, I smiled slightly. "I don't like how he calls you "baby doll"." I finally said, she looked up to me, "don't worry, it's just like you, your both just teasing me." She said and looked back down to begin to read over her notes. "Unlike him Sweetheart, I'm not teasing." I said and touched her cheek, she scooted away, "right. Sure. What kind of layout should we have? I was thinking like this." She sketched out a trifolded cardboard thing, she placed the title at the top and on one side did bibliography and on the other was photos, information everywhere else. I nodded, "yeah, I like that. Where would we get that board though?" I asked, "what? Oh, don't worry, I have a bunch for projects. I also have a pretty good camera we can use." She's planned the entire project, "if there is anything you don't like, tell me." She said as she handed me the notes of run off. Yeah, I thought, the thing I don't like is Warren. I kept reading till I heard the door open. We both looked up, Warren was walking back over, his hair a mess and his clothes slightly crumpled. Sam shook her head and continued to search things up but then accidentally tapped on a tap from her history. She blushed as I saw Google images of a big blue box, a man who looked rather old and angry and a young girl with short bangs and hair that framed her face. "What's this Baby doll?" Warren asked her, she closed the tap as quick as she could and closed her computer, dark blush covered her cheeks before she took a deep breath, "nothing." She said carefully and took back her journal to look over it once more and nod, "right, now all we need to do is the field study." She said and placed her computer back and went up to the teacher, handed her the notes and waited for her to be done reading. "Perfect guys." Mrs. Phelps said, walking over with Sam, "I knew pairing you three together would be good. And remember, Sam, I want to see you in those photos. Not just a little note at the bottom saying your holding the camera, like the last project you did." Mrs. Phelps said and Sam nodded, taking back her journal, "alright." Mrs. Phelps looked at the time, "right, you three start packing up, since you actually did work, leave early." Sam smiled slightly and placed her notebook back into her bag, along with her glasses and pen. Once we were out Sam looked behind her, "what's wrong?" Warren asked, Sam stayed silent before walking, "how come we got to leave early?" I asked, "oh, we worked hard on our project..." she said and now I heard someone walk up to us. Sam walked faster till eventually we made it to History, Warren still with us. Sam turned and a guy was now walking up to us, "Jesus! Wil! You scared me!" She said and jumped to him into a hug, he hugged her back and smiled, "sorry, you walk too fast." She rolled her eyes. Who is this?

***

"David, Warren, this is William, my friend." William shrugged, "yeah, well, ex-spouses but still great friends." He said, so she used to have a boyfriend... "oh? I thought it would be awkward to be around your ex?" Warren said, "nope, we grew up together, so really, it's nothing. How's... how's Calvin?" He asked, I smiled slightly, "misses game time with you, come over, play some games together. Can't say I'll be playing." I said, smiling, hoping he'd go. "Sure, if you don't mind." He said, "no, man, come over any time, Calvin would be thrilled, hell, have a sleep over and binge play for all I care." Wil smiled and nodded, the bell rung and he walked off. I crossed my fingers, hopefully he will like my brother, otherwise he will have to face my wrath. "So, you trying to rekindle your relationship with him?" Warren asked, "me? Uh, no. I'll leave the dating to the pretty people." I said and walked in, sitting down at the four person table, it used to be just Gina and myself, but now I guess Warren and David are now added to the mix. Now it's time to wait for lunch.