Echo

tilldeathdouspat. Thank you so much for reading this, always voting on it, everything!

~Halloween~
***

I was dressed up for Halloween. I haven't spoken to David since... that day. Ian, when he gets the chance, looks at me apologetically. Tonight, the day of the Halloween dance, we were ment to dress up as fairytale characters. I dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood with a red cape, black leggings and dress, along with a white apron. I chose her because in the end, she doesn't have a prince to come and save her, like me.
I bumped into Warren, he was Prince Handsome from Snow White "you alright?" I nodded, he's been asking me that consistently since he noticed my behaviour. "Man," he slung his arm around my shoulders, "it must suck to be away from your life mate..." "life what? Life mate?" His eyes widened, like he just did something to screw something up. "I thought that was why you weren't speaking to him! Oh shit, why-?" I tugged on his ear. "Explain this." I said, his eyes widened, not seeing my flip-side charms, not nice. "Well, ah...." he licked his lips, looking around for saviour but he wouldn't get it. "Do you believe in vampires?" I sighed, "I was hopeful you'd stay serious so I'd know what your doing." He went to speak but was cut off by the bell, and with that he ran off to his class. I was walking to the library.
I was sat in a beanbag, hopefully that I'd melt into the background. I'm a creature of habit, sadly... even after my grandfather died a couple years back, probably nearly eleven years ago, I'd still wait for him by the stop sign till I'd remember that he'd not come for me...
I heard someone clear their throat. I came out of my depressing daze and saw David, he was... dressed as the lumberjack that saved Little Red from the wolf. I looked down and sighed, "yeah?" He crouched down to my height, "Sam. Please?" I looked over and scooted, he seemed happy, "Jesus, that test was pure murder in English." I said, trying to keep our conversation light, if you placed an armed bomb in another room, I'd rather be there though... "Sam, I didn't kiss-" I covered my ears, "Just. Don't. David Hall. I don't want to hear it. I'd rather be friends, not just awkward acquaintances." I said, moving my hands away from my ears, still not ready to hear anything from that day. "But Sam, she-" I gave him my "shut-the-hole-that-makes-the-sound" look, "I don't care David. You do what you want, I'm not your Keeper." I hissed out before he grabbed my hand and pressed it to his cheek. "Alright... fine... I'll stop trying to get you to trust me on this. Just... please don't leave?" My trust in men should have been crushed years ago... many years ago... I shouldn't have left myself open and vulnerable.

Gina, the gang, and I were having a great time, until a slow song came on and I cleared out faster than a dude in the knickers area of Victoria's Secret. I was drinking water, I brought some because I don't trust teenagers and punch, even if this was a school dance. "Wanna dance?" I heard Jane say, I looked over and saw her in a fake looking Disney Cinderella costume. Right, like you did any sort of manual labor before. "No." Warren said as he sat down next to David and myself. Jane turned to David who glared at her, she turned to me and gave a small smirk. "I thought you'd be at the food table by now." She said, I looked at her outfit. "Your outfit must be reversible. Try it inside out. You've got nothing to lose!" I said, hitting her at home, "least I'm skinny enough to fit in mine," I rolled my eyes, "aren't you getting dizzy yet? Because the world is revolving around you pretty fast I bet." I said and her cheeks, her face, turned into a red explosion of anger. "You are going to regret that!" She whispered coldly at me, "at least I'm not a waste of makeup, like some Fluff 'n' Stuff like you." I said and she stormed off. I smirked and Warren whooped, "nice going girl!" He said and a good song came on, I smiled as I danced around till I heard the song abruptly stop. "We have a little," I noticed the letter in Jane's hands. No! Alright Sam... think! I jumped up on the stage and took it from her. "I have a secret." I said loudly into the microphone. "I've been... composing for a few months and Jane was... well, being a total bitch about it." I said, "well, then sing for us." She hissed, "if I am to be embarrassed let it be by my own hand, not those of others." I said into the micro phone and plugged my phone into the music and I pressed the recording area and tapped on my experimental song.
"#The clock stopped ticking forever ago,
How long have I been up I don't know,
I can't get a grip but I can't let go there wasn't anything to hold on to though,
Why can't I see?
Why can't I see all the colors that you see?
Please can I be, please can I be colorful and free.
What the hell is going on,
Can someone tell me please why I'm switching channels faster than the channels on TV,
I'm black then I'm white, no something isn't right,
My enemies invisible, I don't know how to fight
The trembling fear is more than I can take,
What I'm up against the echo in the mirror, echo, echo.#"
Soon my embarrassment was over and through with and I left shortly, hearing clapping. I didn't care. I kept walking till I came to my area and looked over the letter.
David,
I'm ready to have trust in you. There's something I have to tell you, it has to do about my past. You'll probably see it as a sob story, I couldn't care, even if you can see through my walls, I don't care, as long as it's only you.
I heard a twig snap and I turned to see David, he looked worried but happy, "you were so brave. The song was amazing, your beautiful." I sighed lightly, "as I said, I'd rather embarrass myself than let Jane have the pleasure. All because of the stupid letter." I said and looked at my fancy scroll at David's name. He took it and began to read it. I didn't care. I'd just have to correct him. I crept away silently and kept walking into the woods, that's when I saw my wolf, in his mouth was... a green tunic, a paper, boots, and some other things. I chuckled lightly, "having fun there my little wolf?" I said and he dropped everything before pawing the paper to me. "You know, you look like a wolf, but your like a dog... a very well trained dog..." I said, finally realizing what the shirt reminded me of, David's... and the boots... I looked down to the paper and turned it over to see... David's name, written on the letter he was reading!