Mateship

***

"Slap him upside the head, it isn't. It was... to the root, his fault, not you, not your wolf, him. He's the reason why I'm like this, the reason for my scars, the bane of my existence." I said gesturing to all of me. David's hold around me tightened as he leaned in to kiss me. He was going to pull away but I kept with him, kissing him back. He placed me down on the bed, continuing to kiss me, pulling up to breathe then kissing my neck. "Sam... can... I mark you? But only halfway because I know... you're not ready for the rest." Sex, he was talking about sex. "What happens when you do?" I asked, curious, "we'd be more attuned to one another, we'd know if one of us was in pain, just, please take down your walls." He said. I sighed before he smiled up to me, "see? You're already trusting me." He said and I blushed, "anything else?" Wanting to know what would happen. He nodded, "we'd have a low sense of communication inside our heads." "So... telepathy?" He nodded, "so... if I was..." I blushed at the very thought. "What?" He asked, curious. "Nothing." I defended, he chuckled before giving me a shy, happy, unbelievably adorable smile. "So... can... can I?" "Where would you be marking me?" I wouldn't want it too visible or too... improper. He kissed the base of my neck, moving my braided hair away from it. I gave a silent nod. He kissed the base of my neck before biting down, piercing the flesh. I whimpered and held onto his strong shoulders. He pulled away and I saw tears in his eyes, "I'm sorry. I hated hurting you." He said and I shook my head, "it didn't. Honest." He cupped my face and I wiped away my blood from the corner of his mouth. "Lair."

***

She looked away and rubbed her neck, wincing slightly, I felt the pain, my heart swelled in happiness and I felt my mate's heart pounding. "I... I'm glad I let you inside my life." I smiled and held her tightly, "I'd never give up."
There was a knock on her door, she hid me in her closet. "Hey." I heard a guy say. "Hey Reese. What's up?" Sam asked, "Calvin told me some girl, Jane was going to embarrass you in front of everyone. Long story short, you started to sing again... how do you think of that?" Reese asked, I heard the door open and I heard Ellis come in, yelling for his dad. "I'm fine Reese. I can deal with some premadonna." He chuckled and I heard them hug. "Alright... breakfast is on. Hurry before I eat it all." I chuckled, "you'd never!" She said and hit him with a pillow as he left. I came out and she smiled, "want some breakfast?" She asked and I nodded, "alright, I'll go and get it... there's still your hoodie in my closet." She said and left. I pulled on my hoodie that I gave to her and she came back with two forks and a high piled plate. "How did you explain this to your family?" I asked as she handed me a fork. "I didn't. They were outside." She said and closed the drapes so if someone passed they wouldn't see me, the illegal boy in her room. We were in silence, it wasn't awkward, it was calming. That's when Sam got a call from Joshua. "Hello?" She asked as she answered, "hey, is David with you?" She blushed and bit her lip, I nodded, "yes. He is." I heard him chuckle, "alright. I just felt something shift. Seems like you two are the last pair to be fully mated." Her face fell, "wait... I thought Ian and Gina..." "they've already-" Sam cut him short, "yeah, okay, call you later." She quickly called who I could only guess was Gina.