Chapter 10

hey guys. Hopefully this chapter is satisfactory. 

*****************************************

It's been three weeks. Tommy is awake and living with Mr Roberto. Simon and Alexis had moved out so it's just the two of them. I haven't spoken to Mr Roberto since the hospital. I'll write to him, I'll answer his texts but I wont speak. I need to distance myself from him. It's not working. I can see it's hurting him but he still acts so kind and friendly toward me. He refuses to stop calling me Angel.

I was now on my way to school. I usually get a ride from Kelly but I wanted the space today. I don't know how long I can keep doing this for. Seeing the pain in Mr Roberto's eyes. Knowing I'm the one who inflicted this pain. It crushes me every time. It's quite a nice day out. I don't want to go to school. So I wont.

I walk away from my original direction and head to the art museum. There is only one thing I like about the Art Museum, that's the photography. I'm a very enthusiastic photographer. Though, I've never owned my own camera. It's something I've always wanted.

“Can I help you?” I hear a soft voice behind me.

I look behind me to find a young man, probably fresh out of university in a Museum uniform. I smile politely but shake my head. He shrugs and walks away. I know my way around this place more then anyone. Including the people who work here.

“Why aren't you at school?” I freeze and groan.

“Because I don't want to be at school” I mumble grumpily.

“I don't care missy. You can't keep doing this. This is the third time in two weeks” Rosa says.

I huff and pout at her. She just gives me a stern look. I sigh.

“Fine, I'll got o school” I mumble before walking away.

“No you don't I'll drive you. You're not walking” She says.

I go to protest but she gives me a warning look. I huff and drag my feet to the parking lot as she walks behind me. I couldn't help but be a little happy since she's looking out for me like a mother is suppose to. The thought made me smile. I had only recently become closer to Rosa. Though I haven't let her touch me and I haven't touched her.

“What's got you so upset?” She asks.

I look out the window and shake my head.

“Is it James?” She asks.

I don't shake nor nod my head. I just keep looking out the window.

“What did he do deary?” She asks.

I sigh and look down at my hands on my lap.

“A few weeks ago we kissed” I mumble.

“Why is that such a bad thing?” She asks.

“After we pulled away...I ran. We haven't spoken about it since. I shouldn't have let it happen” I whisper the last part with tears.

“Hey, why would you say that?” She asks.

“I don't deserve him. He's too good for me. I'll just hurt him. I already am! Every time he looks at me I can see the pain in his eyes. But he's still so sweet to me. He hasn't brought it up because he knows I don't want to talk about it” I say frustrated.

“You two need to talk about it sweetie, and you put yourself down too much. He'd be lucky to have such a beautiful, smart, talented young lady like yourself” She flatters.

“I don't want to talk to him about it. I don't want to look in his beautiful green eyes and see that pain” I state.

“The only way the pain will go is if you talk to him” She says softy.