Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

Being sat in the infirmary was not fun. I was channel surfing as usual, it has been a week since I had that run in with my brother where he happened to break my hand 'accidently'.

The only programs that were on TV seemed to be soap operas as it was that time of day. The time of day were many stay at home mothers would watch Doctor Phil, Elllen, Opera, Day of Our Lives, Young and the Restless and the list goes on.

I sighed and turned off the TV getting comfortable in my sheets thinking I might as well since I'm going to be here for a while.

I wonder what my father means when he said that he will assign me to a pack. I have never been in a pack before. It was not surprising since I am only seventeen years old. I haven't been around much wolves or any packs ever since I went to stay with my foster parents for a couple of years. My father's excuse was because he couldn't take care of me.

"Nausea passed yet?" the doctor asked walking into the room with a clipboard in his hand. I think the clipboard would have contained medical details about me. It seemed like an obvious conclusion.

"I guess. I mean only a little but nothing to worry about," I told him shifting position in the uncomfortable bed hoping to at least get remotely comfortable.

"Alright. Your father is coming soon, he has assigned you to a pack. I for one am honestly surprised by his decision," he grinned at what he knew the decision to be. Was it really that bad or was it not as bad as the impression the doctor had given off.

I don't know what to think anymore.

I was starting to get restless as I constantly shifted and turned in the bed, itching to leave. I need to get out of this bed remaining in it was not helping. I sat on the edge of the bed staring at my feet. I was lost in my head before I heard heavy footsteps coming down the hallway. It was father. I raised my head to confirm what I thought and indeed it was.

"Good to see your still here Logan. I have assigned you to a pack. Come with me you're going to meet the pack Alpha. Oh, and there are some clothes in the draw by your left" he pointed to the draw before leaving the room to give me some privacy. Father was probably waiting outside the room for me.

I got off of the bed slowly as I made my way to the draw that happened to be conveniently only a few feet away from me. I opened the draw to find limited clothing not what I have at home. I threw on a white shirt and dark jeans. My father motioned me to go, so I did.

I walked into a room that looked luxurious, red carpet, white furniture and stained-glass windows, all the pretty little things in this room that made it look like whoever owned this room was rich and obnoxious.

I took a seat on the white leather chair. In the quite room it made a sort of squeaking sound as I sat down. I pulled a face afterwards. I didn't sit all the way back into my seat as I didn't want to make myself too comfortable. My father took a seat next to me.

The man in front of me looked as if he was in his twenties had dark hair and dark eyes. He smiled at me, one that I was reluctant to return but slowly smiled back, a smile that probably didn't reach my eyes.

If I knew any better this was all an act and this guy was actually an asshole but I haven't had the chance to speak with him to determine my theory, not that it would change my mind anyway.

"So, this is your son. How are you Logan?" he asked, he still wore a friendly smile on his face. It was the kind of smile that reminded you of those constantly happy people that seem to never get upset about anything you tell them, even if it's bad news.