Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty:

 “Is there anything else?” I asked getting ready to leave, I have no idea what time it is, I need to pick up Warwick before he becomes more angry at me than he was before.

 “That is all for now Logan” Jasper dismissed me

 “Yeah whatever” I muttered, I don’t know why I always agree to do this shit. I can’t bare to leave Warwick, what kind of a person would leave there child whether they are related or not. And what about Kayla I couldn't just go away, I wouldn't be able to see or talk to her.

 I shoved my hands in my pockets, I made my way outside sighing, and it was night-time already. I hope that Warwick is okay he probably already hates me; he thinks that I had abandoned him.

 I don’t even know how to get home. I took my phone out of my pocket unlocking it. I held my phone up to receive some kind of service but it was useless I can’t even ring anybody.

 Maybe I should have paid attention to where Ryan was taking me but then again I'm in a fricken wasteland with no landmarks whatsoever, at least none that were recognizable.

 I walked for what felt like hours, it didn’t take that long to get there but because I was probably walking around in circles it took twice as long.

 The cold invaded my clothing making its way onto my skin. I started to shiver, as it became midnight, the moon shining brightly down on me. Mother, please show me the goddamn way.

 I started to come closer to civilization as I noticed buildings glowing in the distance. At least they were still brightly lit able to provide me guidance through the night, just like a lighthouse does with a ship.

 I made it back into the town. A few people were still out and about, they all looked like vampires. I didn’t know an awful lot about who lives here but who am I to guess who lives here and who doesn’t

 I'm almost afraid to go home because of Warwick. I'm such a bad parent I can’t believe that I can’t do anything right for the kid. I sighed looking up at the stars. Why has everyone left me? I'm still a child myself according to Hybrids after all we do live for hundreds of years.

 I got home quietly opening the door. I looked at the clock. Twelve o’clock.

 “Where the fuck, were you?” Hayden demanded

 “Keep your voice down” I told him in a hushed voice

 “You didn’t answer my question Logan, that boy has been crying because of you. It took me an hour to get him to sleep” Hayden began to shake with rage

 “I didn’t have much of a choice. I was taken by Ryan to in the middle of a fucken desert where all our other uncles that happen to be the Alphas of each Hybrid pack explaining and convincing me of things I have to do for them in this goddamn fucken war” I shouted

 “Whatever explain it to Warwick. That little guy hates you right now; he doesn’t exactly want to see you. I'll take him to school tomorrow” Hayden went back into Warwick's room, I listened to his heartbeat that indicated he was still asleep.

 I hope he doesn’t stay mad at me forever, I don’t have a lot of time with him left and I love that boy to bits. I never wanted to hurt him but that’s what I do to people I guess. I sighed retiring to my room.

 I'm just hoping his strong enough to forgive me.

I woke up to the sound of my phone… once again. I checked the time before answering it it was one pm

 “Yes?” I answered the phone

 “It’s Kayla. Do you want to grab a coffee?” she asked