Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen:

 “Dam it Logan wake up” I was shook awake by Laurence as well as Warwick. I must have been in a deep sleep.

 “What happened?” I asked sensing some kind of urgency that was going on, is it Kayla. I need to be by her side. Is she dead?

 “It’s Kayla” Laurence hurried back to her as fast as he could.

 “The plane is now descending, everyone please be seated and make sure your seat belts are done up” the overhead speaker announced. I'm guessing it was the pilot. 

 “Warwick sit here, Jensen look after him” I told Jensen, he nodded in response. I got up quickly rushing to Kayla with my fast speed

 “Hurry up Logan” Laurence exclaimed

 “Alright Laurence” I shouted, irritated that he didn’t think I was being fast enough

 I ran over to Kayla, I grabbed her wrist biting into it. I injected my anti-venom into her system; I was willing to give as much as she needed. It was interesting because I can always tell how much one person needs to be saved.

 I hope this works I really do

 I felt her heart beat go back to normal, whatever wrong her body had, whatever bacteria was invading it. It went straight back to me. It was too late to realize it. I couldn't give up on her now.

 My reflex was to stay away from her blood but I couldn’t, I just couldn’t. It was a battle with what I know and what I feel. What the logical thing to do and the most stupid thing to do is. I can’t believe that terrible infection was in her blood, attacking the white blood cells and vital organs.

 I think I'm just having a terrible year to be honest, all of this happening in such a short period of time, we really only have one life and everyday you have to make the most of it. I knew I had made the right decision when I decided to save her.

 Just a little longer and her body will be back to its usual self, she will be alive and well. She would probably open her eyes as soon as I'm finished. I wonder if I'll get to see her lit up face full of energy and life.

 I remove my fangs from her wrist. I see her eyes flutter open. Just how I imagined them, they are so beautiful. Bright brown eyes full of… happiness, something I haven’t seen in anyone's eyes for a very long time.

 I started to sway on my feet. I dropped on one knee; I felt the bacteria invading my body. It’s a very rare bacterium that only invades Were-Wolves I realized. It attacks the lungs, kidneys, throat and liver as opposed to the brain or central nervous system, which is a lot better because I have more time. I think. Enough time until it attacks my brain and nervous system, perhaps enough to be able to see her smile.

 I hope

 “Logan” I heard Laurence’s voice fuzzy. My senses were not doing very well against this disease that was invading me.

 The plane was started rocking from the turbulence. It made getting to me a lot harder for Laurence. The look of desperation on his face to get to me was astounding. 

 “Laurence don’t give me any anti-venom, it is…” I caught my fall barely, having my hands out in front of me

 I started to go into a coughing fit

 “Why?” Laurence asked

 “Just… don’t. Wait” I forced the words out of my mouth

 “Where am I?” Kayla got up from were she lay, moments before she was dead. Now she was a angel that awakened from her sleep.