Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:

"Let me look at your claws," Francis asked me gently.

I shrugged placing my hand in his. He applied pressure on my hand, automatically making my claws unsheathe.

"Wow," he stated in awe, "I've never seen anything like it," Francis went back to studying me. I gritted my teeth. I was hoping he would let go of my hand soon. My claws were too big for my hand.

"Francis. Can you tell me more about the Lobishomen?" I asked.

"Sure," he replied. He let go of my hand as soon as it started bleeding, "Does that happen often?"

"Often enough," I looked away.

"Anyway, about the Lobishomen," Francis started "As you know they are blood-sucking werewolves. There in a common misconception that they are a species of vampires but they are more like werewolves," he explained.

"They are humanoid meaning that they are undead. This is why we don't make comparisons to them being werewolves or Hybrids. They are undead. They are definitely deadly. They can turn us into feral, mindless monsters" Francis explained in depth.

It was interesting to me that these creatures that I've heard myths about could be so dangerous.

"Do you know how to kill them?" I asked curiously.

"That's not for me to teach," he replied. He got up from his seat and tossed me a towel he picked up from the bathroom. I pressed it against my hand.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"You still have the seal on you?" Francis asked, breaking the silence.

"How did you know?" I asked him, unconsciously touching the mark.

"You're wondering why you can't read my thoughts?" he asked another question.

"What," I didn't realise that all of a sudden, my head was quiet. I couldn't hear thoughts anymore ever since I met these Hybrids.

"Well Logan we know a lot more about the hellhounds than you do," he began. "They are Humanoid as you know, they shift into hellhounds for the most part. Some hellhounds don't have the ability to take on human forms," Francis explained, making sure I was paying attention.

I was confused that some hellhounds could not take on a human form. It was news to me. I wondered if those hellhounds served any purpose. The fact that you can't communicate with them super effectively must be hard for them.

"Listen closely Logan. I can only tell you so many times. There is a lot that you need to understand and that will happen with time. Right now, however, you need to respect the Alpha and obey," Francis said seriously.

"I can't bow down to a man I don't respect," I admitted, looking down.

"You need to learn how to respect higher ranks. I'm trying to teach you Logan but sometimes it seems you're too stubborn for your own good," he said firmly.

I knew I was stubborn. A lot of times my stubbornness has got in the way of appreciating the people around me. It was hard for me to get outside of my own head.

"Why don't your toxins affect me at all?" I changed the subject.

"The stronger of a wolf you are, the more a toxin will hurt you. For instance, if an Alpha were to bite or scratch you, the pain is much more intense than if an omega bit you" Francis briefly explained.

I for one, did not agree with packs being in ranks. Every pack is different though, some are much stricter than others.

"The Alpha doesn't have much patience. You don't want to get on his bad side," Francis warned.