Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Thirty-Three:

 We came back into view of the building where everyone was waiting back my arrival. I looked back at Ronan who had his eyes glued to me like a hawk. I gulped nervously wondering what my fate will be.

 I dropped to my knees, doubling over in pain. I stopped myself from falling flat on my face with my right hand. I let the blood pour out of my slightly opened mouth. I gasped for breath each breath caused agonising pain.

 Ronan rested a hand on my shoulder “Get up Logan, only a little longer till we’re there”. Jasper turned around as he noticed that we came to a stop “Hurry up!” Jaspers face was filled with annoyance.

 “You’re being a bit hard on him Jasper, let the boy catch his breath” Ronan scolded his brother then looking back down at me

 Jasper folded his arms “Lets go!” he shouted, “I don’t have time for this” he exasperated.

 “Just go on ahead Jasper if you’re going to be like that. Think of what Logan has done for you when I almost killed you” Ronan smiled darkly at his brother before bending over to my height, still with his heavy hand on my shoulder.

 “Fine” Jasper growled, picking up dirt as he left.

 “Are you alright to keep going Logan?” Ronan asked as a couple of minutes went by. I was still catching my breath, my vision becoming blurry. “I’ll try” I answered him. I slowly picked myself up off the ground with Ronan’s help.

 On shaky feet I walked the rest of the way into the cold, fridge like building. Everyone was sitting in their chairs waiting for my arrival. I held my head, as everyone became a blur. My legs felt weak as they shook violently, almost like I had no control over them. My legs gave out, Ronan catching me just before I hit the ground. He then placed me carefully onto the ground.

 “What the hell?” Ryan exclaimed, standing up from where he was seated, slamming his balled up fists onto the table.

 “This was all Jasper” Ronan informed him, getting up

 “I have a hard time believing that” Ryan frowned at his brother not believing a word of what he had told him.

 “I did, he saw that his family wasn’t there, what else was I supposed to do” Jasper started to raise his voice.

 “I don’t know, maybe try not to kill him” Ryan had his eyes focused on Jasper, as if he was about to jump on him.

 “Ronan” I croaked, wanting to ask him a question. Ronan bend down to my height “Yes?” he asked while his brothers all were having a confrontation. “Does Hayden know about them, about my family?” I asked, coughing. “Yes, he does” he answered before standing up again.

 “Francis patch the boy up” Ryan threw him a green medical pack before continuing his argument with the rest of his brothers. Francis sighed as he caught the medical pack and made his way over to me

 “Looks like you go yourself into a lot of trouble Logan” Francis smiled “Haven’t seen Jasper like this for a while, he's not the argumentative type if you know what I mean”

 “Just shut up and patch him up” Ronan growled at Francis in warning “Gosh what does it look like I'm doing Ronan” Francis still wore a smile on his face. He reminded me a lot of Ryan; perhaps that’s where he picked it up. Although Francis was a lot more carefree than Ryan was.

 “Let me look” Francis now wore a serious expression on his face. He tried to pry away my hands from my wound but I wouldn’t move them. “Logan, please move your hands” he slowly took my hands away from my wound, a look of shock came onto his face “This is a lot worse than I thought” he sighed before putting his hand onto my stomach.