The Red-Haired Man

Aki

"From love comes hate. Losing a great love gives birth to hate. And your eyes shows proof that you've underwent this change."

"Hmm."

 "Remember thisyou are not allowed to use those eyes. Don't let anyone seedon't let anyone know."

"But why?"

"A shinobi does not ask questions. This is your mission. Fulfill it to the very end."

I awoke in cold sweat. It's been more than a year since my tenth birthday. And the dreams haven't stopped since that day.

Waking up in cold sweat was also something that has become part of my mornings—as well as the unmistakable feeling of having forgotten something important, that is, my dreams. But every day I wake up, it has also become a habit to push these thoughts at the back of my head and prepare for the rest of the day, as if nothing is amiss.

Here, at the Heaven's Arena.

¤¤♡¤¤♡¤¤

One hit. That was all it took for Aki to bring down the man in front of her. Cheers erupted from the stadium as the referee announced the ending of the match.

"And there our champion goes! Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! Known as a genius of close combat, The Undefeated Chrome! Yet another win is added to the streak!"

And, that goes her quota for the next three months. 

The cheer of the crowd dissipated as she walked further away from the spotlight. Some fighters she passed greeted her and congratulated her for her eight consecutive win. Others glared at her in envy. After all, she was the youngest ever to achieve a straight-8 victory with no losses in the 200's.

Now, she's only two wins away from getting a ticket to challenge a floor master. Truly a genius of battle—or so the Arena likes to rever her as. However, as much as she was revered a genius, she hated the attention.

 Aki let out a sigh as she entered her room. Closing the door behind her, she walked towards her bed and threw herself on the covers. There's nothing like a little stretching on the bed to relax her tired muscles. She checked her limbs for any injury from the previous fight, before she let herself melt into the mattress. 

She was just about to sleep all her worries away when she heard the customary notification from the Arena staff. It meant that someone wanted to schedule a fight with her. Aki sighed into her pillow. Well, there goes her nap time. 

Aki opened her TV to check the info about her challenger. However, after browsing through his stats, Aki rejected the match-up. This man was obviously desperate, as he was reaching the end of his 3 months. 

Normally, Aki wouldn't have minded the fight. The man did seem like a decent fighter. However, she had just finished her quota. And frankly, she had more pressing concerns other than her quota.

Her amnesia.

It all started when she turned ten. After waking up in a forest, Aki found herself stranded in this Arena for the last year. She couldn't remember her past, nor the reason she woke up in the middle of nowhere.

All she did remember was her name—Aki.

It's been a long year for her. But, thanks to her benefactor, she was able to find a place to stay and gather more information about her world—a feeble attempt to regain her memory and identity.