Gon: Liberosis

(Hol' up, this is your friendly warning. There's gonna be some major shounen ai action in this chapter. Because this is Gon's chapter, we are gonna get some much needed LuAki. Hope you enjoy it!)

Liberosis 

The desire to care less about things.

¤¤♡¤¤♡¤¤

"You two, slow down!!" Leorio bellowed in a chastising tone as Gon and Aki stuffed their faces with food, trying to outdo the other. 

Killua snickered. "Just let them be. Let the pigs have their eating contest." He joked, as the self-proclaimed judge of the contest. Leorio's blood pressure rose, as he held his breath to keep himself from exploding*.

He shook his head at Gon and Aki, then clicked his tongue. "Whatever, do what you want." Leorio dismissed, before chugging his glass of beer.

 Gon and Aki paid no attention to them, scarfing down food as soon as it reached their hands. Their little picnic was a chaotic spread of food for the 'kids' and alcohol for Leorio. Killua munched on small treats here and there as he watched the eating contest unfolding between Aki and Gon.

It just so happened that Kurapika chose that time to reveal himself.

"Kurapika!!" Half-chewed food and saliva flew to Killua's face as Gon suddenly yelled while having just stuffed his mouth with food. Aki choked, laughing at the misfortune of the light-haired boy. 

Unbeknownst, Gon excitedly ran towards a blonde lad, who watched the cheerful boy with somber eyes. Gon immediately took notice of Kurapika's brooding mood. But, that didn't stop him from throwing his hands up in welcome.

"This is great!" Gon cheered. Kurapika sported an expression of surprise and confusion.

"Huh?" He vocalized.

"The spiders are dead and you can now focus on your main goal... to find the eyes of your people." Gon reminded the lad with an earnest smile. Kurapika lips formed a tight line as a mix of emotions overwhelmed him.

He didn't know whether to feel touched at Gon's way of cheering him up, or to feel disturbed by Gon's callousness towards death. But, in this world, death is nothing to kids like them.

"Gon..." In those moments, all he could do was call out Gon's name with a despondent tone. Then, his expression softened. Kurapika gave the boy a small smile. 

And Gon's smile widened at that.

"If there's anything that we can help wit—" However, Gon was cut off—a pie, cruelly smashed into his face. Kurapika's eyebrows rose in question at Killua's mischievous smile. Gon's expression darkened, clearly unappreciative of the interruption.

"You—!!" Gon yelled out, lunging at Killua, who immediately ran away. The dark-haired boy grabbed a pie from their picnic spread and chucked it towards Killua. 

Killua dodged and brought his tongue out playfully. 

"You did it first! This is revenge." The light-haired boy teased.

Aki watched the scene in amusement and melancholy. It reminded her of the peaceful days—a breath of fresh air from her time in the dark... and her duties as a ninja. Aki shook the thoughts out of her head. After all, she had decided to leave the past behind.

Just then, Killua swooped in and smashed another pie on Gon's face—earning a laugh from Aki. The action made Kurapika open his mouth in worry. However, a laugh came out of his lips before he knew it.