Faint of Heart

"Oops! And, you lost! Next one please?"

Aki stood beside Killua as people flocked around their small stall of four people. In his arms lay a box containing a diamond ring which glistened under the afternoon sun.

This whole ploy was the fruit of Leorio's cunning brain (gotta admit he's smart). The man took advantage of the crowd who gathered for the Southern Auction and set up this stall based on what they learned about 'conditioning'.

In addition to that, Leorio knew how to get the people hyped up, getting them to take up the challenge that was Gon. Who would have thought they'd be making easy money by a simple game of arm wrestling?

From the stall, Gon tiredly massaged his shoulders—tired from deceiving people. Still, thousands of Jenny were being brought in by the simple ploy. Who was Gon to complain?

As the day wore on, their little stall managed to gather a crowd of spectators. By the time the sun had set, they were able to rake in millions from people's loses. And yet, thanks to Leorio's encouragement, people were still lining up for the challenge.

He sure knew how to exploit the crowd's razzmatazz.

Aki, on the other hand, didn't even know what she was supposed to be doing to help. With Killua showcasing the prize, Aki was the only one in the group who had nothing to do.

However, as another competitor for the arm wrestling gig stepped up, her role became clear.

The man was tall, blonde, and handsome. He was wearing a three-piece gray suit and slacks, looking like a filthy rich man in his early twenties. His bright red eyes landed on Aki and suddenly, the diamond ring wasn't as tempting to the young man. The man stopped on his tracks, body gravitating towards the girl.

 The man stopped on his tracks, body gravitating towards the girl

(ctto.)

"Ah! Looks like we have our next competitor!! Please pay a fee of ten thousand Jenny—ah, hey!!" Leorio exclaimed in surprise when the man, whose name was Con, walked pass Leorio, heading towards Aki—and the prize.

Killua took notice of this—the way the man's eyes seemed to gouge Aki's soul. He narrowed his eyes at the much older man. Aki on the other hand thought that the man was after the diamond ring.

She took a defensive stance in front of Killua, daring Con to come closer. Which he did.

"Don't even try stealing the ring, old man." Aki warned, a smirk on her lips.

Con smirked back.

"Hey pops, is this kid part of the deal?" Con asked Leorio, jabbing his thumb at Aki's direction.