Grim

Aki

Just as I was expecting to be brought back to the run-down base, Hisoka took me to a different route. We checked in a hotel, under the name of 'Chrollo Lucilfer'. I'm guessing that's the name of their leader. We waited at the dinning area. Not long after, they serve us food in humongous plates. 

Confused, I raised a brow to Hisoka.

"What's with all this food? 'Fattening up the prey'?" Sardonically, I asked.

"Hm~ Something like that." Hisoka replied, his mind elsewhere.

I didn't bother complaining more. Food is food. And what's food, goes inside my tummy. 

I feasted on the platters set before me. Since their 'leader' was going out of his way to bribe me with food, I might a well enjoy it. I wonder what they'd want to talk about.

Are they going to request me to fight the devil? 

I made a lot of conjectures about the Shinikage clan ever since Wing first told me about my affiliation towards them. But, what confused me the most, was the 'lower' and 'upper class'.

From what Cain said, there's some sort of rank within the members of the Shinikage clan. A ranking that even after the annihilation of the clan, still bound their descendants. And my mom sat atop that ranking system—thus, reflecting my status too. 

Pakunoda's question rang in my head. Stories about Killua's family seemed overkill—but there was some truth in them. How was one man able to massacre a clan of assassins?

I've thought of at least two possibilities—neither of them did any good in making the whole 'fighting the devil' part easier. 

I felt his presence before I saw him. 

A dark, undiluted aura radiated from the man. I could feel his footsteps drew closer, and I gulped down the last of my salmon fry in apprehension. Hisoka flinched from beside me. Judging from the look on his face, I doubt he's worried. In fact, I know that face too well. I elbowed his side.

"Keep it down, you perverted clown." I hissed. Shivers rocked Hisoka's body, and he licked his lips. The red head threw his head back, and stared at whom I assumed to be the 'leader'. 

Ew. 

I did not want to see my ex-adoptive dad drool over another man while I was having an existential crisis over my mother's clan. 

As soon as 'Chrollo Lucilfer' was in front of me, I can say I don't blame Hisoka for drooling over this man.

The Phantom Troupe leader was smoking hot. Literally and figuratively. His shirt was scorched around the hems, dirt and blood marring the white cloth. His ruffled hair and gorgeous face completed the look. 

I mean, how the hell can someone look so divine while looking like a complete mess? I mean, just what did he do? He looked like he just got out of a death match.

That's right—without a doubt, their leader was one of the few remaining Shinikage. His eyes were gray, like asphalt. Yet, a dense curtain of black wriggled in his eyes, reminding me of boiling tar.

Our levels were too far apart. I could feel it. Hell, I didn't even need Cain to point out that this man was an 'upper class'. Although the main family might've been an entirely separate league, this man was undoubtedly stronger than I am right now.