What Leorio Knows

(REJOICE!! Some fluffy yaoi reference down below. I know you guys love it 😘.)

Everyone walked back to the hotel in a mixture of moods.

Gon was happy.

Leorio was amused.

Aki was half-relieved, one-fourth amused, and one-fourth confused.

And Killua... he was hella embarrassed.

Aki spared the boy from teasing for once, sympathizing with him. Besides, it was half her fault why Killua had to go through such life-changing behavior. However, the moment they reached the safety of their hotel room, they all burst out laughing (minus Killua who was still mortified).

"I—I... you were charmed!" Aki said between laughs, kneeling on the floor as the fits of laughter made it difficult to stand.

Leorio faced the wall, banging it with his fist. "Hahaha! I—I can't believe... Hahaha, can't believe—!" The man trailed off, words drowned in guffaws.

Gon clutched his stomach, trying to stop his laughter.

"Ugh... stop it!" Killua grumbled. "So, I was charmed—big deal! Get over it."

"Damn right, it is a big deal. What was it again...?" Aki trailed off mischievously tapping her lips. "'You're pretty.'" She recalled, copying his voice, then she burst out in fits of laughter again. Leorio and Gon cracked up at her imitation.

"Kid, I like you already!" Leorio patted Aki on the back. She flashed him a lopsided smirk.

Killua blushed. "Well, you said I was pretty too!" He exclaimed, and Aki's attention was back on him.

"'I'm glad you came back.'" Aki continued to tease, nudging Killua's side with her elbow.

Killua stepped back, face scrunched up. "Eww, keep your gayness to yourself." He growled. However, the insult had the opposite effect of what he wanted.

Aki smirked. "I'm pretty sure you said you weren't homophobic." She stepped closer to Killua, until his back hit the wall. "So stop with the act..."

Killua gulped. Despite being taller than Aki, he suddenly felt nervous as she caged him in her arms. From the background, Leorio hollered and Gon's laugh was reverberating.

For them, everything might have just been a big ol' joke featuring Killua. But, for the light-haired boy, he was seriously starting to feel something stir in his chest.

As he stared at Aki's mischievous expression, Killua couldn't help but remember his thoughts from the other night.

Aki is pretty.

Killua looked away, sweating. "Stop it, jeez. I was under the influence of a charm okay?! I didn't mean any of it."

It was true. The clip he pocketed ended up being a voodoo charm. The old man had been selling spiked charms, basing their outward appearance from real antiques to make people buy them. He happened to see Aki's clip and based a charm from it.

A charm that Killua ended up keeping because he thought Aki lost hers.

Turns out, Aki still had the hair ornament with her. She just had to pocket it because she had to stay inconspicuous while tailing someone. But the fact is, the charm was meant to make its wearer completely honest.

And Killua knew, deep in his heart, that the words he uttered where his true feelings towards the boy-slash-girl.

But Aki didn't know that. All they knew was that it was a charm—possibly attracted someone to another. Since Aki had the original antique, they thought the charm made Killua see Aki in a romantic way because of the counterfeit he had.