"Eyes of Scarlet"

"What do we do?" Machi asked, wearing the face of grim. No one answered. Even Killua and Gon were too distraught by Aki's sudden disappearance. Did Kurapika took the dark-haired kid with him? If so, why?

Taking Chrollo was definitely Kurapika's doing. But, where did Aki go? Did Kurapika took him with Chrollo since they were already close to one another? ARGHH—Killua racked his brain for an answer. They stood in deadly silence, quietly analyzing the unexpected circumstance to plot their next move. Then, moments later the lights came back. Killua squinted as his eyes adjusted to the brightness. 

Just as his vision cleared, he noticed the pit of black from where Aki used to be. Upon closer inspection, Killua noticed the delicate design of each swirl of ink—too intricate to suggest coincidence. The funny thing was, he felt as if he'd seen this pattern before.

"What's that?" He asked aloud. Gon turned his attention to the black imprint. 

"Oh? It's letters." Gon, who was held upside down, noted.

"What?" Killua squinted at the black imprint. The remaining Troupe members took a closer look at the black imprint. 

"The kid's right. It's a letter. But, from whom? What does it say?" Machi asked.

"Hold on." Gon tilted his head to the right, seemingly unbothered by the fact that he was being held upside down. 

Or maybe it's because he's looking at it from a different angle that he can make sense of the black imprint. Killua deduced. 

"S-shin, dei, mal, ro, ank, sun, loi, mhin, dal, la, shui, kahj, m-mir." Gon read aloud, suddenly speaking in an unknown language. Screw looking at it from a different angle—Killua tilted his head to mimic Gon. How the hell did he even read that?

"What?" Nobunaga frowned.

Gon didn't say anything next. Instead, he had on a stony expression—one he only wore during times of crisis. 

"What does it mean, Gon?" Killua asked slowly.

"I—I'm not sure. I just—" The kid stuttered. "Well, I think it said, 'Ritual rights will start at midnight so bring the eye of the Scarlet if you don't want the Shinikage to perish.'" Gon translated.

Machi had a look of horror, matched by Nobunaga. "Kreinos." They spat out at the same time. 

"Of all the times—" Nobunaga pounded his fist on the marble pillar, making the whole floor shake and the lights flicker. Lightning flashed from outside. The rain was only getting heavier.

And no one from the Troupe was in their right mind to question Gon how he knew the words. Only Killua paused in his horror, to look at Gon in disbelief. 

He—

¤¤♡¤¤♡¤¤

The night was still long.

Amidst the shadows in a dark alley, a dark portal appeared out of nowhere. Out from it, came two figures—a man and a woman. The woman, who was dressed like aristocracy, turned to the man who carried precious cargo in his arms. She led them further into the alley, until not even the lightning could be seen as they were enveloped into the darkness of the stormy night.

"I knew you were the one." Haizel rasped as the man tailed her from behind. The man stood tall and proud, carrying Aki in his arms—princess-style. If only it was half as romantic as depicted in novels. However, reality could not be more daunting for the young Aki in his arms.

"Shall we wake our sleeping 'prince' from his  slumber?" The man asked, staring at the lump of flesh in his arms. 

"If you know that I'm a prince, then you should've never woken me up." Aki retorted, eyes still closed in fake slumber.