Truce

Aki

I started my day like usual. It was shitty. Let's be honest. After last night? I couldn't even sleep a wink in distress. However, as if to make it up to me, a man came knocking on my door to announce that I had a match.

It seems like someone purposely asked for me.

"I'll be there." I told the man with a nod. He smiled, cheeks slightly colored. The guy handed out a small piece of paper, telling me that whoever asked me for a fight had told them to give it to me. I grunted in acknowledgement before closing the door on his face.

Silently, I read the note.

Name: Raiden Shulle

Age: 24

Record: 8 wins and 2 loses

Date: March 11, 1 PM

Be there on time, Chrome

Raiden... I remember a macho guy by the name of Raiden. If I'm right, he's one of those guys who fought me before—someone who survived that is. I wonder what's his game.

Either way, I was ready to crush him once more. Maybe I can even try using Nen. But then I remembered that I've never really learned anything yet. Just Ten, the defensive Nen.

Still, my blood boiled in excitement. Suddenly, I didn't feel lethargic anymore. Enthusiastic, I finished my daily workout faster than usual. Then I headed outside for breakfast. I didn't bother inviting Hisoka with me.

I was still mad at him for that stunt last night.

I shook my head, willing the memory to go away. Just as I opened the door and stepped out of the hallway, I was surprised when I saw a familiar face.

It was Gon. The moment he saw me, Gon's face lit up like a Christmas tree light. Then he started jogging towards me with Killua on tow.

"Chrome!!" He had his arms wide open while charging towards me. As soon as he got close, he attempted to hug me. My initial response was to use his outstretched arms to toss him away from me.

In midair, Gon was able to twist his body then he landed on his feet. I whistled in surprise at his lithe maneuver. Well, that certainly shocked me. Before I could apologize for my reflex, Gon cut me off.

"Chrome! That's cruel, ignoring my embrace like that." Gon pouted slightly, his arms around himself. That pout of his made him look so childish.

"Feeling close? I don't think so." I retorted. It was true. Gon was being overly friendly towards me. Unlike the other guy who was antagonistic. Killua barely even looked at me, scoffing when we met eyes. I scoffed back.

"Hey, hey... don't you also have a fight today, Chrome?" Gon asked, bringing my attention back to him.

"I do." I confirmed. "You have one too?" I inquired Gon.

"Yeah. Later this afternoon." The dark-haired boy replied with a sweet smile. (A/N: Gahd, Gon... you're smile is too sweet, it's no wonder Chimera Ants hovers around you. HA! Get it? 😉 I'm so cheesy.)

"Do you mind if we watch your match?" I was taken aback by his question. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Do you need my permission?" I asked in confusion, brows furrowed. I might have sounded a bit rude because Gon flinched back. Before I could correct myself, Killua stepped up.