A Little Closer

(A/N: WARNING! Just as before, there would be some yaoi references. But not to worry. It's only yaoi reference since Aki is a girl. A GIRL. Besides, there's no ship sailing yet)

Aki

"—ctures. Four months before you're completely healed up. You moron!" I opened the door to Gon's room, just in time to see Killua scolding the poor boy. At my entrance, both boys turned their eyes to me.

"Chrome! You came to see me?" Gon greeted, his eyes brimming with joy—a contrast to the sheepish expression on his face a moment ago. I closed the door behind me and walked towards Gon.

"Duh. Who else? I'm not exactly here to watch Killua scold you though." I replied, shrugging. From Gon's side, Killua scoffed and looked away.

"Sorry. Did I worry you?" Gon asked, looking sheepish once more.

"No, I just came to see you. I'm not worried in the least." I defended with a scowl. Although I did feel like I had to check up on him, it wasn't because I was worried. Hell, I used my healing powers on him when he was unconscious. I knew he was gonna be okay more or less. 

I just had this... feeling that won't go away no matter what I did. It bothered me, so I came here to see him. As Killua resumed his lecture, I tuned him out, opting to look at Gon and assess his condition.

My thoughts went to when Gon was being brought to the infirmary in a stretcher, right after his match. He was unconscious, his expression calm. It contradicted the magnitude of his injuries.

The medics gave first aid to him and quickly sent him to the hospital for a thorough look at his injuries. Gon would've been put in a much more critical state if I hadn't used my healing on him to stabilize his condition. 

"Still, I had a feeling I'd be okay." I bit lip at Gon's blithe reply to Killua's rants. If only he knew the trouble I went through to save him.

His attitude made me wonder if his intuition was strong enough to tell that I would help him escape the consequences of his recklessness. I clicked my tongue in annoyance. What ails me however, was that I did rush to save him.

The problem wasn't really on what I did, it was on why I did it... I've never really found it in myself to look for a different crowd to mix in with. The crazy clown was enough company for me. But now...

"I took a few hits, but I wasn't in mortal danger." Gon continued, his lighthearted reply ticking me off.

Wasn't in mortal danger, my foot. 

Gon flinched the moment his eyes met my deadpanned expression. I didn't do anything else other than stare him down, letting him feel uncomfortable under the weight of my gaze. 

"Chrome...?" The idiot had the gall to look guilty. I glared at him but then smirked as I made my way towards him. Chuckling evilly to myself, I pressed on Gon's arm that was slung across his stomach. The brunet's face scrunched up in pain but didn't do anything to stop me.

"My turn." Killua murmured at the other side of Gon's bed. Mercilessly, he sat his foot on Gon's bandaged arm and together we tortured the poor boy.

 In the middle of our little session, a knock on the door stopped us. Killua and I shared a look before removing our hold on the injured twerp.

"Come in." The door opened and there stood the one and only Wing—or as Killua called him, Four-eyes. Disrespectful, but I wasn't one to talk.

"Four-eyes!" Killua exclaimed in surprise as the said male walked towards Gon.