The One Who Left First

Hisoka (A/N: Yeah!! For the first time!!)

He came to me in the middle of the night, barging into my room while I was busy dressing up after taking a shower. He headed straight to my bed, flopping himself down like he owned the place. Aki let out a strangled cry on my pillows, spurring my interest.

"What's with you?" I asked him, raising a brow at his behavior. Aki didn't look at me, his head still buried in my pillows. Hmm~

"... Gon asked me... to come with them." He explained after a while, bringing his head out of the pillow, and giving me a confused look. "I... I don't know what to do. Honestly." At his mention of that little twerp, I couldn't help but feel rather... possessive. Never mind Aki being gay, Gon was the real problem here. I should have messed him up more when I had the chance.

Strangely, the thought brought shivers down my back, going down to my prick. Ah~ This is no good.

"Well, what do you want me to do?" I offered, silently wishing that he'd say something like, 'kill them'. Although killing Killua would invoke Illumi's anger, I would mind a bit of fun now.

"Tell me, how do you and Illumi-san get along so well?" Aki's sudden question made me smirk in amusement. Speak of the devil

"Why suddenly bring up Illumi?" I returned the question. Aki met Illumi on the off chance that he and I ended up working on something together. They never really talked, but Illumi always did seem interested in Aki. I've never allowed a second meeting then.

"You're buddies, right?" Aki asked, furrowing his brows. I gave it thought, before humming 'yes' in reply—although I never really thought of Illumi that way.

"If I have to say, it would be that we're both adults doing what we want, when we want it." I replied to Aki's question. Aki looked at me with his face contorted in confusion and disgust.

"What? Wait, don't tell me you guys are just fuck buddies or something..." Aki trailed off, looking at me in confusion. I laughed good-naturedly at his remark.

"Fufu~ What vulgar thoughts you've learned." I remarked.

"Geez, I wonder who taught me." Aki scathed sarcastically. I chuckled. Guilty~

"Sadly, no. We aren't in a relationship like that. I just meant that Illumi and I... have separate lives we live. We only ever meet up when it's convenient for both of us." I explained, sitting down on my bed beside Aki.

"Is that so? Agh... Talking to you is no help at all." Aki grumbled under his breath, stuffing his face on my pillows again. I merely laughed to his disdain.

"Just do what you want Aki. It's simple like that. What do you want to do with them, honestly?" I asked, leaning closer to him.

"I... don't know exactly. I wanna go, but I don't wanna leave you." Aki relented, making me swallow all of my saliva in one gulp. I felt my chest throb uncharacteristically in response to Aki's sentiments.

"Attached? I'm not." I teased, ignoring the reverberating beat in my chest at his words.

"Yeah, maybe I am." Aki surprised me with the honesty in his tone. He tilted his head to the side to look at me. His eyes were a bit watery. I realized he was... crying. Or about to cry. I don't know.

My hand moved instinctively, wiping the unshed tear from his eyes. When my gaze met his, my hand froze in realization of what I just did. We stayed there, gazing at each other's eyes—trying see through each other's soul. As I stared at his glistening onyx eyes, the throbbing in my chest intensified.

Ah. I hate this—this feeling.

Bloody fights had always been my thing because it made me feel alive. Nothing else did. But Aki was always the exception. Just being with him was exhilarating, the same feeling I have whenever fighting—made me feel alive. He was better than any unripe fruit—more tantalizing, more perilous.