Spark

(WARNING! This story will contain serious Yaoi scenes. Well, it's only Yaoi to those guys who don't know that Aki is a girl.)

 Aki started the day with Gon—a break from her usual morning routine. Three weeks had already gone by in a flash. Gon had invited her to breakfast—just the two of them because Killua had gone somewhere—and Nen training afterwards.

Aki agreed, thinking that she might have appeared to be a 'bad friend' if she refused. After breakfast, they headed to Gon's room. Apparently, Killua promise to join them train by then. But in the meantime, Gon and Aki were busy with something else.

"Chrome!" Aki was swift to dodge Gon as he charged at her. She ducked under his outstretched arm as Gon tried to get, or more like steal, a hug from Aki.

"Stop it, you daft. It's annoying." She deadpanned as Gon frowned and crossed his arms on his chest, sulking.

"But you never give me hugs! And yet you hugged Killua..." Gon trailed off, grinning teasingly. As the memory surfaced, Aki's ears reddened.

"That doesn't count, usuratonkachi!" The girl shot back. But Gon was hearing none of it. He was determined. He will get a hug from Aki. No matter what. Gon made another attempt but stopped when Aki stared him down.

"Do you want me to practice with you or not?" Aki challenged with her eyebrow raised. Gon hesitated before he let out a sigh of defeat.

"Alright, fine." Gon mumbled under his breath. At least for now. He settled down on his bed and sat cross-legged. Just as Gon and Aki had finally settled down to practice Ten, the door opened. Killua entered the room unceremoniously, greeting Gon.

Aki nodded her head to him in greeting, which Killua returned. At the very least they were being civil with each other. Although they still bickered from time to time.

Ever since that 'touching' scene between Gon and Aki, they only grew closer to each other. Killua never said anything about it, choosing to just go along with the flow of things. But that did not stop him from hating the way that he was out of the loop.

Yes, Aki and Gon were getting closer and although she's being civil with Killua, the light-haired but couldn't help but feel... envious.

Killua sat down on the floor beside Gon's bed and closed his eyes. He had started to train Ten with Gon and Aki. As Killua closed his eyes, he saw Aki's face flash in his mind. Surprised, Killua opened his eyes and lost his concentration.

"What's wrong?" Aki asked from beside him, whispering as to not disturb Gon. Killua's face paled at the sight of Aki's face so near to him.

"Nothing." Killua replied curtly, shifting on the floor and trying to get his bearings back. From beside him, Aki shrugged her shoulders. She closed her eyes and returned to practicing Ten.

Killua stared. It was rude, yes, but the boy couldn't help himself. After all, Aki is such a beauty. Only realizing it now made Killua feel uncomfortable. He didn't know why.

On one hand, he was content with how things were getting stable between him and Aki. Their camaraderie sucked, but at least they weren't constantly going after each other's throat anymore. Gon was the glue to their messed-up friendship.

The bickering didn't help with their budding friendship though—with all the taunting and nicknames. Whenever he tried to get along, trouble ensued. There was also that one time they were mistook as a... yaoi couple. Killua's face unintentionally heated up at the memory.

He shook his head. Once again, he closed his eyes and ignored the presence of the black-haired girl. He took a deep breath and slowly felt himself relax. He kept his thoughts bottled up for the meantime. Just as Killua was getting into it, he heard Aki let out a surprised yelp and a soft thud.