Birthday

Aki

Two days have passed since then. Gon apologized profusely to me after the bath, saying that it was insensitive of him to comment on my—... Sighhhh. Either way, we made up. I'm glad Gon didn't see me as any different after the whole 'I'm gay' episode. Even though I'm not.

On the other hand, Killua seemed a bit more conscious of me—especially when I touch him or be near him. Of course, I confronted him about it. The talk may have led into me calling him a 'pussy' and being called a 'faggot' (which resulted in a fist fight so please respect gay people... even though I'm not gay still, #PrideMonth) but we settled our differences and came to a truce (Gon made us apologize to each other).

The last two days have been full of adventures and honestly, I had a lot of fun with people my age. It was a different kind of fun from hanging out with Hisoka or fighting people to the death. From exploring caves to delving into the forests, Gon made sure that we weren't the least bored with our stay.

Strange enough, the island was a bit familiar to me. Like the way the landscape curves and dips, or the grass hill to Gon's house. There was an odd sense of nostalgia that churned in my stomach with every passing day here.

Today, we stayed out late, camping under the stars. Gon taught Killua and I how to fish using a rod and we caught a few for dinner. We built a fire and sat around the small source of warmth. Even this seemed like a distant memory in the recess of my mind.

"Man, I'm beat." I stated, lying with my back on the cold dirt after finishing my meal.

"Un, me too! I had so much fun today!" Gon exclaimed, following my example, and merrily plopping down on the ground. Killua raised a brow at the both of us.

"Weak shits." He teased. Well, more like triggered. Gon and I shared a look before we launched ourselves to our feet and toppled over Killua with a laugh. The guy didn't even stand a chance, his back hitting the earth with a thud. We began to wrestle on the ground for dominance.

In the end, I won. Coming out on top, I let out a small huff of satisfaction as I sat on Gon's stomach, with Killua beneath him. I felt like I was 5 years old again, domineering over my empire with Gon and Killua below me.

"Jeez! You're so damn heavy, you pig." Killua yelled, forced to take both weight and force from me and Gon.

"Nah, you're just the weak shit here. Duh." I retorted, flashing a lop-sided smile. Gon laughed at my comeback, his chest vibrating under me. Not long after, we simply laid down, parallel to each other, stargazing.

"Hey, hey~ Let's have a heart to heart talk. I'll start!" Gon suggested after a while. Killua and I didn't need to be pals to both sigh at the thought. Right. Gon was ever the sappy type.

Still, we listened to Gon talk about his life in the Island as a kid—about Mito-san and his mom. Then, came the topic of traveling around. Turns out, Gon and Killua planned to go to York New as well, at the same date as me. Coincidence? I didn't know for sure. Gon said they were going to meet up with a friend. So, we decided to go together.

The ball was then passed to Killua, who seemed reluctant to even share anything. Mostly, he talked about his life as an assassin, his family, and his worries about not having anything he wanted to do in the future (although having lots he didn't want to do). Gon assured him though, that Killua would eventually find something to do.

In the meantime, however, tagging along with Gon's adventure was the 'to-go' thing for Killua. Well, I guess the same goes for me. After Gon and Killua, the ball was then passed to me.

"I don't really have anything I want to share. Nothing comes to mind, really." I admitted as soon as Gon told me to start talking.

"Eh~ that can't be. Tell us how you became Hisoka's kid then!" Gon interjected, refusing to back down.