Chapter 12: I'll Still Pay You.

"Take the next few days off." Karlie locks up and Taylor is quick to disagree on her idea of her not working.

"I can't do that." She says folding her arms getting hit by the chilly breeze.

"I'll pay you still. Just , stay away from here for a few days."

"Do you realize how bored I'll be? Karlie I need to work. I won't stay home. I need to be out." Taylor says firmly. Karlie rolls her eyes and runs a hand through her hair. Why did she have to be so frustrating?

"Give me your phone." She says.

"Why?"

"Just give me your phone. Don't ask questions. I hate them." Karlie says. Taylor put a hand up in surrender and places her phone in Karlie's hand. 

She waits patiently until Karlie gives it back.

"Next time that happens call me or text me or something." Karlie says , walking past Taylor to go home. She turns back around when an idea pop up in her head.

"Have you ever held a gun?" She asks.

Taylor's eye got wide. "No thanks me and weapons don't go together. I'm one of those people who would probably hold the gun backwards in a terrifying situation."

Karlie laughed shaking her head. Taylor was surprised by that. Hearing Karlie genuinely laugh at something she said.

I should try to make Karlie laugh more often. Although I don't really know how I managed to do it.

"You're something else. But I'm taking you to a gun shop. You need to learn a thing or two about self protection , you won't always have someone to protect you."

"Well I have good faith in you."

"I won't always be there. Be ready tomorrow early in the morning." Karlie said before walking away. But Taylor quickly calls out to her.

"Hey wait! What about work?"

"If I see you behind that bar within the next 3 days. You're fired."

Taylor's mouth dropped with a gasp. "That's completely not fair."

"Life's not fair. Get used to it."

Taylor watched Karlie retrieve to the back. Where her house was at. She stayed until she heard the gate open and close , before she finally decided to go home herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is a semi automatic pistol. A bit heavy. But you can definitely handle it." Karlie held the small hand gun to her. Taylor stared at it. Having no intentions to actually hold it. She didn't want to touch something that could kill.

"I don't want to touch it."

Karlie sighed , getting annoyed she grabbed Taylor's arm and held out her hand. Setting the gun inside of her palm. Taylor scrunched up her noise holding it at arms length away.

"Taylor grab the fucking gun. Either way you're going to fire it."

"Karlie I don't want to fire it. Give me a baseball bat and I can protect myself with that. A hammer , a knife , a piece of wood , a brick. Anything but this." Taylor pleaded with the tall girl in front of her.

Karlie clenched her jaw. And dropped her hands to her side , walking past Taylor and out the door , she was done. Her last few seconds left of patience was out the window. She pulled her cigarette box and lighter out of her jacket and lit a cigarette taking a few puffs from it.