Nate

Nate

We all walked to school after our encounter with Ian. Ian was the worse out of all bullies. He always made fun of my foster family and he always hits Hailey. Hailey and I are really close, closer than the others. I remember when Paul brought her in, I was the only one out of my fosters who knew about her past. We got to our school and got ready for the things to get...hectic.

"You're sure you don't want me to go with you?" I asked Hailey as Jack, Blake, Matt, Andrew, Ryan, and Jeremy surrounding us.

"I can go" Jeremy requested.

"No I can" Matt said.

"Me?" Ryan stated.

"Guys I can take Hailey" Blake said.

"No, I c-" Jack started.

"I'm taking her" Andrew confirmed.

"I'm going alone" Hailey said walking inside the building.

We walked inside and instantly whispers grew. We were the unusual ones of the school just because we were fosters. We got picked on.

"Are they the orphans?"

"Why do they let them go here?"

"They're always getting in fights"

"They're real families gave them up because they were worthless" the whispers went through.

Usually my foster siblings just let it go, but it still stung. Together the fosters could go through it, but when we were alone...we don't know what would happen.

We all went to our different classes, I was worried about Hailey. Out of all of us she got bullied the most.

I went inside my class and everyone stared at me. I went to my seat and sat down. There were whispers that people thought I couldn't hear, they were always the same.

"Orphan" someone spat.

I turned to face the guy who said that and got out of my chair, I grabbed his shirt and pushed up to the wall.

"What did you call me?!" I yelled.

"NATE EVANS!" the professor yelled.

I turned and faced the teacher. He wrote a slip and handed it to me.

"Another detention" I said knowing what it already was.