Hailey

Hailey

"Honey can you grab that dish for me?" Marylyn asked motioning for the plate in the sink.

I picked up the porcelain glass and handed it to her as she put it in the cupboard. I stared blankly at the counter, school was awful Ian bullied me even more than before and kept rubbing in my face how I'm so unwanted by my birth family that they sent me back to Manchester.

"Hailey?" I looked up being pulled out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"Uh..yeah. I'm just, thinking"

"About?"

"School, Harry, his band, everything" I answered picking at my nails.

"Sweetheart, you'll see him again"

"You really think so?"

"Absolutely! You're twins! You can't be apart for much longer"

"Thanks Marylyn" I said giving her a warm smile and hug.

I hoped she was right, but with principle Jackson on my back with that man following me everywhere wasn't helping at all. But I knew I would come up with something as I always did, this time it just took longer.

_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_

"Class dismissed" the professor said to the buzzing bell over the doorway.

I got up as headed for the door being hovered over by Marty, my 'guard'. I finally came up with a plan. We walked to Principle Jackson's office.

"Ms. Evans? What brings you here?" he asked setting down some papers in his desk.

"I wanted to ask you something?" I say glancing down at the papers, and sure enough they were the ones Marylyn and Paul signed.

"What is it?"

"How do you feel about the two boys outside your door making a mess with the water fountain?"

"What!?" He exclaimed getting out of his chair and opening the door.

I turned my back to his desk grabbing the paper and placing it behind me so Marty wouldn't be able to see me.

"I'll meet you outside Marty" I said whilst Principle Jackson was looking for the tow boys I made up.

Marty nodded and walked out the door. I brought the papers up to read. I skimmed through and when it finally saw it was the exact contract Principle Jackson had been talking about and put my fingers to the top of the sheet tearing them down the middle repeating the action three more times. I searched the office finding a copy of the papers in the desk drawer. I teared those as well and left the on his desk to see. I walked back out closing the door behind me.

"Okay Marty" I said beginning to walk. I found my fosters near our lockers, I went to mine and opened it taking out an object and putting it in my pocket "We're free" I told them giving them a smirk.

I went to the girls bathroom looking back at Marty.

"Do you mind?" I asked going inside.

I checked the stalls making sure there was no one else in the room and went on with my plan. I climbed up and the sinks and went to the small step underneath the window. I took the nail file out of my pocket and unscrewed the hinged popping the window open. I climbed out placing my foot on the locked part of Blake's hands.

"Let's go!" Jack exclaimed and we all ran.

We ran and heard sirens but we kept running. We got to our house and Marylyn opened the door.

"Your bags are packed" she told me.

I went to the couch where the duffel bag lied and hooked it on my shoulder. I walked up to Paul and Marylyn and gave them a hug.

"Good luck Hailey" Paul said in my ear.

I nodded and hugged each of my fosters.

"Be careful Hails. Promise you'll come back" Nate said wrapping his arms around me.

"I will. I promise" I said pulling away.

"Now go before the cops get here" he said rubbing my back.

"Are you sure you guys will be okay with the police?" I asked concerned.

"We got Austin on it" Marylyn smiled.

I smiled back and went out the door. I put my hood over my head and put my sunglasses on hoping no one would recognise me. I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my jacket and walked as the clouds rolled in.