04 | Magical Clock

Chapter Four

The questionably good-looking boy groaned, slowly regaining consciousness after having been tied to a chair for nearly three and a half hours.

"You're awake. Good. Now for the Q&A portion of the evening." Damon stood by the bright fireplace, holding the bag of pork rinds, and a fire-poker.

"Let me guess. I answer right, I get a pork rind. Wrong, I get a poker." Kai replied, earning a laugh from me, gaining his attention, causing my face to fall.

"What? No, no, no. These are for me. You just get the poker." Damon informed, tapping Kai's chest with the fireplace poker.

"Wait- I thought you hated pork rinds." I chimed in, pointing to Damon.

"What?" Damon slowly turned towards me with wide-eyes.

"Well, your initial reaction to them, if I do recall correctly, was 'ew'." I stated, grabbing the bag from Damon's hand, popping a pork rind in my mouth.

Damon shook his head, turning back towards Kai.

"Yeah. You don't have to do the whole 'poker' thing.." Kai acknowledged.

"No?" Damon tapped Kai's shoulder with the metal stick.

"We're on the same team." Kai chuckled, as I popped another pork rind in my mouth.

I scoffed, nearly spitting out bits of pork rinds as I got up from my seat on the couch. "Really? You always try to kill your teammates?" I bickered.

Kai's eyes landed on me, and a smirk grew on his face. "The important thing is that Bonnie has her magic back. It worked." he joyed, as Bonnie, Damon, and I exchanged glances.

"What, you- you didn't really think I'd kill Damon, did you?" Kai laughed. "In what universe does that make sense? I wouldn't kill 1/4 of our population! I'm not a monster. I knew Bonnie would show up. She always comes back. All thirteen times.."

Our faces remained unamused.

"And I knew with the right motivation she'd be able to access her magic, although I- I did get a little worried with all your bickering that Damon's life wouldn't be enough motivation, but turns out it was. I guess that's just how you two show your love." Kai proudly concluded.

"So you did all that just to make sure I would have my magic?" Bonnie chimed in, as I slowly lowered the bag of pork rinds to my side.

"Of course I did. Because your magic," Kai looked between Bonnie and I. "Is the key to getting the hell out of here."

After having no luck prying information from Kai on how we get out of the other-other side, he averted the topic over to his time here.

At first he talked about his childhood, though he left out a fair amount details, then he began talking about his trip to the White House.

"And, of course, I broke into the Oval Office, and took a picture of myself looking all JFK. But then, I was like wha- how am I going to get these photos developed-" Kai rambled on, until he was cut off by Damon.

"Oh my god, just answer the damn question." Damon groaned, sitting on one of the black couches of the library. "How are we going to get out of this Twilight Zone?"

"Although I want to get out of here just as badly as you do," I motioned to Damon. "I also really wanna know how he took a picture of himself in the Oval Office. I mean, did you have a tripod? A camera with a timer? A-" I questioned, walking closer to Kai.