18 | To Hell And Back

Chapter Eighteen

We all woke up on the floor, taking in a quick breath as we looked around.

"Wait, what happened? Why are we back here?" Elena badgered, as my eyes widened, and I noticed Kai laying beside me.

I intensely stare at him for a moment, watching blood drip down from his nose. "I don't know. Spell must require too much magic, I lost my connection." Kai offered, as we all stood up.

"Then reconnect." Damon suggests.

"It's not that easy." Kai acknowledges, pointing to his nose. "You see this blood? Guessing that's not a good sign."

"Then, channel me..or something." I extend my arm, rolling up my sleeve. "I- I don't know the technical term, but just steal some of my magic."

"No way. A spell that powerful could kill you." Kai looks into my eyes, and I drop my arm, letting out a sigh.

"Bonnie is going to kill herself." Elena breathes, with glossy eyes.

"Can she do that? Can she die in the prison world?" Jeremy questions.

"I couldn't. Of course, it was my own personal solitary confinement..didn't want me to end my sentence early by killing myself. Ooh, I tried every method in the book." Kai reassures, letting out a laugh. "I drove to D.C. because there was this museum that has an actual guillotine-"

"We get it. For whoever is not lucky enough to be you, dead means dead." Jeremy angrily states.

"We have to stop her, we have to give her hope. Send her a message somehow-" Elena stammers,

"How? She couldn't hear us." Jeremy bickers.

"The message is already there." Damon announces, regaining our attention. "In the atlas. I scribbled some notes on Nova Scotia, we just have to get her to see it."

"How do we open an atlas if we can't touch anything?" Elena contradicts, as Kai moves past me to sit on the couch.

"We need to get Kai to crank up his witchy-woo, don't we?" Damon waltzes over to him. "So we can make physical contact."

"All while sending the four of you back over there? Sure, yeah. Hey- why don't I reanimate your dead parents for a tea party while I'm at it." Kai sarcastically responds, before my face drops, and his eyes land on me.

"Sorry. Insensitive." he apologizes.

"What if you just send me back?" I propose, taking a step forward.

"What? No.." Elena shakes her head,

"That might work." Kai says, shrugging. "Focus all of my magic onto one person. It might be enough of a boost that she could physically interact..if I can hold the spell." he breathes.

"You can hold the spell." I affirm.

"But if you cannot?" Damon dully questions, annoyed.

"The magic overwhelms me..and I can't pull Cassidy out. She'll be stuck over there for eternity." Kai responds, looking up at me from his place on the couch.

"Cass-" Elena starts,

"Don't- okay? It's basically my fault that she's left there alone, if I can get through to her, we save her life. If not.." I trail off, as my eyes begin to well with tears. "At least I'll be with her when she dies."

Everyone exchanges glances before I shove Kai off the couch, and lay there myself. "Well. Let's get on with it." I let our a sigh.

Kai scoffs, wiping his bloody nose as he pulls over a chair. "I'm gonna repeat the same spell that I used to send us over before, okay? If you don't wanna do this, you can change your mind.." Kai looks into my eyes.